Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/SystemUpdate

All details are listed there. Sony has received tons of feedback to add the XMB to the in-game menu, which is the primary feature of this update. They've also added something similar to the xbox live achievements (not that it was ever unique to xbox live, of course). Overall, it's a huge update that really does make the PSN a whole lot better. Maybe now, all those xbox fanboys will shut up about how xbox live is so much better. I'm kinda sick of listening to them.
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
This is probably going to cause some kind of uproar. :P I can see it now.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
fanboys
shut up

Pick one or the other. You can't have both in the same sentence.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Doesn't matter, anymore. Sony received a few reports of some ps3's breaking after the update was installed, so they pulled it for the time being. I never even got it. Probably good that I didn't, either.
wat

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
I didn't have a problem with mine. Not that it matters, I rarely play the damn thing. Also, I've yet to play it online, or use any other feature other then update.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
2.41 was released about a week ago. I got it, but haven't been able to use it, much. My brother's been hogging my PS3 cuz I mistakenly bought Ratchet & Clank Future, which he loves. But anyways, it features all the stuff of 2.40 with better stability. Sony fixed that "bricking" problem, and it's looking to work pretty good. PSN almost has the full feature list and capabilities of xBox Live. It's only a matter of time. :D
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
My PS3 is still on 2.0. Haha.

.XeroCint

.XeroCint Avatar
OmniXST

Dedicated Member

September 2006
I updated to 2.40 when it just about first came out, and posted a vid of me updating on YouTube... So yes, people wasted about 5 minutes watching loading screens and shite... It opened up a door for a lot of discussion though, so it was nice.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
This update won't change the fact that Xbox Live > PSN

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Sasuke Avatar
This update won't change the fact that Xbox Live > PSN

It's only a matter of time however. :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Xbox Live = Not Free. PSN = Free. That's my main argument. :P
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Scorpian Avatar
Xbox Live = Not Free. PSN = Free. That's my main argument. :P

PSN=Shit, though. Complete shit, if you would like to get technical. At least with Xbox Live you are getting a quality service. Granted there are things that need to be changed but it is looking like they will get addressed soon with the New Xbox Experience.

newBookmarkLockedFalling