Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Link

Bill Gates is now the second richest man in the world (excluding royalty)

This is my old account. This is my new account

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
givin the stereotypes of today, that would be ironic seeing as he's mexican, mabey this will help to break the false stereotypes. And nearly 10b of a lead is huge, I dont think anyone will catch up for awhile
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
...hooray?

Speaking of stereotypes, he certainly does look like a stereotypical rich man.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Hmmm.. makes you think why the founder of Apple isn't richer, considering everyone loves their computers.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Heh. I knew Buffet as going to get passed soon when he donated away most of his money... then again, Borsheims (his store) business has been as good as ever, so if he hadn't donated I'm not quite sure this new guy would have overtaken him quite as easily. Same with Bill in this case, but Microsoft has been becoming worse and worse recently.

Last Edit: Jul 6, 2007 2:23:17 GMT by Chris

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
I knew this day would come :P

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
cddude229 said:
Heh. I knew Buffet as going to get passed soon when he donated away most of his money... then again, Borsheims (his store) business has been as good as ever, so if he hadn't donated I'm not quite sure this new guy would have overtaken him quite as easily. Same with Bill in this case, but Microsoft has been becoming worse and worse recently.

Yeah, people shouldn't forget that Bill donates nearly 50% of his money to charity, whereas this guy doesn't really do any charity work or donations.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
That's true, but that doesn't matter when figuring out who is the richest man in the world. ;) :P
This is my old account. This is my new account

. i n t e l

. i n t e l Avatar
Side.Swept- It

Official Member

September 2005
steynj said:
Hmmm.. makes you think why the founder of Apple isn't richer, considering everyone loves their computers.

That's because good ole bill totally screwed him over.

However I'm sure bill will be back in the lead soon, with vista out now, his profits will sky rocket.

Plus bill gates gives money away to organizations all the time.

Last year he gave 6 billion to just one group.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm not really surprised. I knew he was sneaking up on him. It was only a matter of time.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I don't really care who's the richest to be honest. Theres still poverty world wide, so them having all that money and not changing anything is just a waste.
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling