Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Alright so who else has trouble picking classes?

I somehow qualified enough due to my placement results to take Chem at my college. When I was picking classes, I accidentally dropped the lab that went with it in favor of a class for my humanities requirement for that semester. Yes I know, stupid of me. Anyway I always screw up, I am a Computer Science major and somehow was too late in picking Computer Science 121 and can't take it this semester. I may have already placed out of it with my AP exam, but ofcourse I don't have those results yet.

Who else always screws up picking classes? For me this goes all the way back to high school. I generally took Honors over AP and now feel kind of overwhemled and honestly Honors for the most part is a waste of time because it's still too easy and doesn't yield in college credit. Plus AP looks better. Anyway, who else always messes it up and thinks their advisers and guidance are stupid?
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Eh. I've never really had that problem yet. But I'm sure when I get out of highschool I'll be like shit. Why didn't I wake THAT course?

k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I chose my classes for college last month on the 3rd at Orientation. Was quite simple, really. Couldn't replace one class that I didn't want that they gave me, though. >.<

Click for my schedule

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That sounds like a fairly boring schedule Josh. o.o

Yeah... I... uhh... well, I'm in highschool still. :P So yeah, no class picking for me yet really. Then again, I'm taking Linear Algebra this summer (starting Monday) and Calc 3 and Differential Equations during the year at a local college... but that doesn't really count.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
That sounds like a fairly boring schedule Josh. o.o

Yeah... I... uhh... well, I'm in highschool still. :P So yeah, no class picking for me yet really. Then again, I'm taking Linear Algebra this summer (starting Monday) and Calc 3 and Differential Equations during the year at a local college... but that doesn't really count.

I have to take the classes sometime. :P And my high school chooses classes in January. :P

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
I will picking classes next year, and I hope I do well enough, to pick the subjects that I want to learn. Yeah. It's that competitive.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
eh i'm still in high school too. and only one year in, so nothing special. no trouble with classes so far. we'll see.

i'm actually planning to take computer science AP like greg there next year though. so if i need help i'll ask be sure to ask you ^_^. and some other normal classes ya know... i think it's like english 10 honors, pre-calc honors, world history ap, spanish 4 (dude i can't even speak spanish, i'm gonna die), and some other stuff.

i'd definitely go for an AP instead of honors class if it was offered, though.

Last Edit: Jul 13, 2008 8:21:18 GMT by hpmad

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Our school is full of a bunch of baby advisers that try to talk you out of AP. My school cares more about inflating grades and bragging about all these kids that take a bunch of honors classes and succeed because honors curriculum is determined by the school.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
Greg says:
Anything is possible.
Greg says:

stoner
I'm still in High School! They get to pick! Let's just say their bad pickers!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I still have one more year of high school, but we still get to pick most of our classes. We had to pick during the spring but we don't get schedules until registration in August.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Picking my high school courses was easy, and I always fairly liked what I had unless it was a mandatory class.

I register my classes for college next month during orientation. So I'll let you know sometime then.

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Also my parents have never been helpful at all in the course selection process.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
Greg says:
Anything is possible.
Greg says:

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Chris Avatar
Then again, I'm taking Linear Algebra this summer (starting Monday) and Calc 3 and Differential Equations during the year at a local college...

Linear Algebra is a hard thing... hope you like complicated stuff :P Actually so it Calc 3 lol

But yeah, I actually don't really know yet what I'm going to take next semester. Don't really have much of a choice... everything's physic related.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Rachel Avatar
Chris Avatar
Then again, I'm taking Linear Algebra this summer (starting Monday) and Calc 3 and Differential Equations during the year at a local college...

Linear Algebra is a hard thing... hope you like complicated stuff :P Actually so it Calc 3 lol

But yeah, I actually don't really know yet what I'm going to take next semester. Don't really have much of a choice... everything's physic related.

Lin Alg is easy :P.

Fall 2008

ENT2950: ChallengeX
HU2292: Spanish 2
MA2321: Linera Algebra
MA3160: Calculus 3
MA3521: Differential Equations
MEEM2110: Statics
MY2100: Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering

Picking classes has always been easy for me. It's just common sense...

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I don't think it's possible for something to be complicated in Chris's mind. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling