Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
cddude229 said:
Josh, Adobe programmers are gonna make a hell of a lot more than that.... $19k a year? I see a minimum of $50k.

I said, "and that is if they are cheap bastards" :P

You know, If u have cs2, you can do something like, u pay 200$ and u can upgrade it to CS3.

Yes, you can but don't go thinking you'll buy CS2 and then upgrade to CS3 that way. It'll be more expensive. ;) :P
This is my old account. This is my new account

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Well, I already have Cs2 :P

I can easily upgrade it to Cs3 ;D

But I'm not gonna pay 200$

rofl

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
What's new in CS3 that makes it so special compared to CS2?

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Practically nothing from what i've read.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Then, why does everyone think it's so great? From Josh has been saying, it's a freaking huge memory hog. :P (700k or so)

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
cddude229 said:
What's new in CS3 that makes it so special compared to CS2?

the title of the program :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
No... that's CS2. That's one of the major improvements with CS3. I haven't played with it in a while but it's quicker, the pallettes are better organized and are able to be run both the traditional PS style or the old Macromedia style (Which I prefer for the most part), filters are much faster and can be fine tuned even further. Brush pallette was expanded. Lots of new options. That kind of thing.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
not to mention the "vanishing point" tool :) and the ability to discern static pixels from dynamic pixels in a series of shots.

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
slipstream said:
not to mention the "vanishing point" tool :) and the ability to discern static pixels from dynamic pixels in a series of shots.

I only have about 3 weeks of CS3 under my belt so I haven't gotten the chance to really explored. :P And I wouldn't use those often to begin with

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
I'll get CS3...soon. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I guess those are fairly good improvements, but I still see no reason not to use CS2. :P It works perfectly fine as is.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I see no reason not to use Photoshop 7.

It works perfectly...fine...as is, too.

What.

~CrAzY~

~CrAzY~ Avatar

Official Member

December 2006
I use CS2 and I really wanna upgrade to CS3... CS2 is way to dang slow when it comes to brushes for me to be happy. :-\

I used to have nearly 200mb of brushes loaded and it took several minutes to load up the brush pallet to the bottom. If I ever got CS3, it would be for the loading times and to have a more up to date version of it... $200 is a lot though.. I could get vista or upgrade from CS2 to CS3... wtf kind of choice is that??? :'(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
shadowyone said:
I see no reason not to use Photoshop 7.

It works perfectly...fine...as is, too.

What.

I said that too til I got CS2 from my cousin. :P

crazydawg43 said:
I use CS2 and I really wanna upgrade to CS3... CS2 is way to dang slow when it comes to brushes for me to be happy. :-\

I used to have nearly 200mb of brushes loaded and it took several minutes to load up the brush pallet to the bottom. If I ever got CS3, it would be for the loading times and to have a more up to date version of it... $200 is a lot though.. I could get vista or upgrade from CS2 to CS3... wtf kind of choice is that??? :'(

Clearly one meant to crush your soul into a pile of dust and let it blow away into the wind.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
So, who knows what a torrent is? Not that I use it...

Seriously, I only have Microsoft Paint.

Last Edit: Jul 21, 2007 2:32:04 GMT by Jordan

newBookmarkLockedFalling