Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I found it very strange that Studio Zero isn't featured on the Proboards featured board list.

I mean, hey G101 and even Extreme data (both of our affiliates) are now a part of the Proboards featured boards. And I believe that we have the same quality and content caliber as them to be deserved to be featured.

• (if i say so myself) we have one of the best designed modified proboards in the community.
  • We have a massive indepedent code index (600 codes now I believe)
  • We are relatively young (almost 2 years old now I believe) and successful.

So my main underlying question is:

1. What do you think is Proboards' definition of a "featured board"
2. Is there some sort of application system or a method to be featured on the main page.

I'm not saying this as an admin of Studio Zero. I'm saying it from the point of view of a member that such a excellent site which the resources which many of our members and our excellent head coder Chris should at least get some recognition from Proboards.

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Your 100% right :)

In my opinion, there are 3 forums that should be taken out of there and replace them by

Studio Zero, SI.GFX,Cribforums.

Those 3 forums should be there....

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
rko said:
Your 100% right :)

In my opinion, there are 3 forums that should be taken out of there and replace them by

Studio Zero, SI.GFX,Cribforums.

Those 3 forums should be there....

Come to think about it, your absolutely right, a Star Trek Forum... please, I seen a better PB forums here in SZ's affiliates... Slightly Insane and Cribforums. I think Patrick is getting lazy on updating Proboards' Website.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
we should protest. :P
k

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I agree, Studio Zero is good enough. Maybe they keep up sites like StarTrek just so it's not all design boards...

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm pretty sure that Star Trek forum is run by CMDynasty or this other guy who's been with PBS from the start.

Is there any way to submit a board to be featured there?

also, whoamg joe

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
JOE!!! :o

Studio Zero is the most superior. You're absolutely right.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
StarTrek is run by kapt.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
triad said:
StarTrek is run by kapt.

Aren't they the same guy, though, just a different username? Even if I'm wrong, I know that whoever runs that place has also been on PBS for a few years.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Yeah, he's a global moderator.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
CMDynasty = Craig Suffolk, ProBoards employee.
Kapt = ProBoards Support Global moderator and owner of the star trek site

Anyways, here's my opinion on this. It's quite biased for some spots on that list really.

ProVision Templates = First one on there. Ran by Peter and Eternity, two big PB names. Peter was also a mod at PBS when it was added.
G101 Design = They just closed and reopened... why are they up there really?
SayBox Community = Forum's nearly dead, and it's a support site for another service. Not to mention Renegade and Craig are good friends to my knowledge.
forumforfootball = Ok, they're active and it's a good site. They deserve the spot.
Extreme Data = They were active til Stinky disappeared and has a decent resource index. I really see no reason for them to not be up there, however, SZ is probably close to the same resource index, except more code based.
SSD = They're PB's "official" design forum. That's why they're there.
Star Trek = Because Kapt's a GMod at PBS.

Those are my reasoning behind it. How true it is, I don't know. But really, it comes down to having some connections from what I've seen in the past from sites who've obtained a spot on the list.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I agree completely with that list, Chris. The only reason SZ isn't up there is because Chris isn't a close buddy with Craig. It's your fault Chris. :P
wat

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
We need to make Craig some yummy cookies.

Last Edit: Jul 22, 2007 5:46:00 GMT by Jordan

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
o yesh seriously G101?? What is this??? Scary Movie Part 5??? :P

SZ deserves - should've already been up there like O 6 months ago!

Kapt's Star Trek forum sucks ass - Mike's Temporal reality is way sleeker. If at all, that shud get a spot. Saybox sucks as well. And yesh I think if AT ALL, SI-GFX definitely deserves a mention.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol.... the saybox forum... I have over 1000 posts on there. I was crazy dedicated. Their grand total of 2 mods weren't active. But they wouldn't make me a mod because they said they only made their friends mods. O_o
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling