Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

XzX

XzX Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
1 1 The Dark Knight Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution $75,630,000 $314,245,000

Hopefully it ends up outselling that wack ass spyder man movie :D

Source yahoo.com

Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 16:26:54 GMT by XzX

Nomski

Nomski Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Well unlike Spiderman, The Dark Knight is a really good film =P Bale wants to do a third one, which they definitly will but I want it even Darker then this one >=D

Btw New Terminator should be epic!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, 10 days. Not 2 weeks. :P And it's not an "if" it beats Spiderman. It will. The only if involved now is whether or not it will be able to topple Titanic. Problem is that Titanic was number one in the box office for 15 weeks (From its second weekend to its sixteenth). Movies hardly ever stay in theaters that long anymore. And The Dark Knight already has a confirmed launch date in December for the DVD release.

XzX

XzX Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Josh Avatar
Yeah, 10 days. Not 2 weeks. :P And it's not an "if" it beats Spiderman. It will. The only if involved now is whether or not it will be able to topple Titanic. Problem is that Titanic was number one in the box office for 15 weeks (From its second weekend to its sixteenth). Movies hardly ever stay in theaters that long anymore. And The Dark Knight already has a confirmed launch date in December for the DVD release.

Box office wise its 2 weeks,
BTW How much did titanic do?

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
It already beat Spider Man 3 didn't it?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Not for total domestic, no. Titanic made Just over $600 million in the US. The $314 is from its Friday opening to yesterday, 10 days. The previous record to $300 million was one of the Pirate movies and it took it 16 days.

stoner
All they care about (the movie people) is the money. There plan is to beat Spiderman and get lots of money!

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
....well, they make a movie for the money, so I don't see why they shouldn't care about it.

Besides, think about it. You're sad Heath Ledger died, in this case, all his money I believe would be going to his daughter. Who's like... 3 or 4 years old. So it's helping her at least grow up well off since her father can't be there to provide for her.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar
....well, they make a movie for the money, so I don't see why they shouldn't care about it.

Besides, think about it. You're sad Heath Ledger died, in this case, all his money I believe would be going to his daughter. Who's like... 3 or 4 years old. So it's helping her at least grow up well off since her father can't be there to provide for her.

I totally agree with you but I figured I would point out that her mother is Michelle Williams. She should be pretty well off under her wing financially. :P And I thought the vast majority of his earnings from The Dark Knight (royalties, at least. His salary I doubt) were going towards charities and clinics (Which is a great reason for this movie to make a shitload of money as well)

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Kay Avatar

I totally agree with you but I figured I would point out that her mother is Michelle Williams. She should be pretty well off under her wing financially. :P And I thought the vast majority of his earnings from The Dark Knight (royalties, at least. His salary I doubt) were going towards charities and clinics (Which is a great reason for this movie to make a shitload of money as well)

Tell me, dear. What has Michelle Williams played in recently, hmm? :P Seriously, not much of anything good. Even with the things in post-production, bah. So you know her money is gonna run out before that girl's eighteen. I'm not sure about the charities and clinics, you might be right. Typically it'd go to the heiress, so that's why.

Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 19:50:23 GMT by Kay

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'll chip in my $10 to that amount sometime soon... sometime. :P

stoner
Chris Avatar

and look who is investing in her now....

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
stoner Avatar
Chris Avatar

So? Money going to charities, free clinics and his daughter? I have no problem with that. The boyfriend and I are seeing it this week. So we'll be making our contribution as well. Well.. he's paying, 'cause he won't let me, but still.

XzX

XzX Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
I Think everyone that hates spiderman and its garbage films should go out a purchase a ticket for the dark night :D.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
stoner Avatar
Chris Avatar

yes because going to see a movie is such a horrible sin.
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling