Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Oh, I love the dollar store! You can buy some fantastic things there for only a dollar. The other day I bought a lighter (I don't smoke, never will, I just like fire), a ton of bubble gum, gobstoppers, and mouth wash. It was a beautiful day! Who else loves the dollar store?
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Never been a fan. :P The quality sucks (obviously. Only a buck) and the food I have bought from there (outside of canned goods) is generally stale or rotten. I'll stay away thank you.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I've found a few good things there, and I've found some shit. I guess it just depends on your luck. :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I shy away from the dollar stores. :P I know of some cheap (and good) small stores that I'll buy stuff from. For example, 24oz bottled pepsi products for a buck at a store nicknamed Grandpa's by my school. The new 20oz MD products for a buck at this one BP gas station right by my dad's. It's kinda like all the shortcuts to driving. You just kinda find them over time.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
I shy away from the dollar stores. :P I know of some cheap (and good) small stores that I'll buy stuff from. For example, 24oz bottled pepsi products for a buck at a store nicknamed Grandpa's by my school. The new 20oz MD products for a buck at this one BP gas station right by my dad's. It's kinda like all the shortcuts to driving. You just kinda find them over time.

...we get a 2 liter bottle of Faygo (The absolute best brand of pop if you've never had it. Not sure where they sell to) here for $1.05-$1.10. That's almost three times as much pop as the Pepsi for $0.05 more. :P

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
^ That is why Detroit is one of the top 5 fattest cities lol. We have to have 3 times as much pop.

Still, being with the status of our city, most of the people are poor, because of the economy around here. The healthy food is always more than the junk food, because the healthy food is grown by farmers, takes longer to produce etc. So if your looking to feed your family for the night, you don't really care about what is better to eat, when you have little money. You go to McDonald's Dollar Menu, and for ten dollars or so you can feed your family. Compared to 3 dollars for lettuce a dollar for cheese dressing two dollars etc. Thats just for the salad, and you would probably spend more than ten dollars depending on what else you put on it.

webmaren

webmaren Avatar
Una salus vicits, nullam sperare salutem

Dedicated Member

August 2007
I don't really buy from dollar stores because of the quality. I prefer my stuff lasting long and being useful. Quality purchases just seem like a better plan to me.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I think dollar stores just get their stuff from other places that didn't sell certain products, and the companies let 'em have it on sale for a buck. There are good and bad ones, but there's a pretty good one near here. As long as you know what you should buy from a dollar store (not food).

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Used to buy paper towels from there. I go through probably two rolls of them a day and it was cheaper to buy them there. Any more, I just get them from work.

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Used to buy clips for clothes and other simple, everyday stuff, since I don't need them to be of high quality. Other than that, I seldom go there. Now, I don't even go there anymore.

Cheap = Low quality goods

CorporateDan

CorporateDan Avatar

Official Member

July 2008
It's been a while since I've been in a similar sort of shop, but I have to admit, they did have an interesting collection of things for sale. And I have bought things from there before, which I've been satisfied with. It's pretty obvious what is and isn't rubbish when your browsing. =]

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
I have never really liked shopping at the dollar store. I occasionally buy things from there, like small things, but I really don't like shopping there.

Pokeman

Pokeman Avatar

April 2008
Haven't been there in three years. Perhaps I'll pay visit this week just to see what all the buzz is about.

stoner
I only pick up like candy for the children at my church there. I don't like it.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I buy headphones and chocolate from the dollar store. rofl xD
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling