Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
yeah, didn't wanna give away the topic by the subject, 'cause I'm cool like that. <3

Anyways, a friend and I were talking about hospital stays. So I decided to see what everyone else has been in for and how long. what was your longest stay, and for what? Shortest stay, and for what? Any interesting memories being in the hospital, or visiting anyone? Do you even like hospitals?

:P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
1 night is all insurance would pay for when I had my emergency appendectomy. Doc said I should have been in for three to four but, of course, insurance didn't cover it. Why would it? Barely covered enough of the surgery to allow us to keep our house.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Was in the hospital for a couple of weeks after getting hit by a car. IT was no big. Just a broken leg and shock for about a week. :P

I basically didn't eat until the second week.

But the pop was good. =D
k

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
That sucks man. Makes me appreciate that my team covers all of my health insurance up to three hundred thousand a year.

I was in about five or six years ago as a result of a near fatal BMX accident. Was at a race and the kid in front of me came up short on the landing and biffed it hard. I hit him and went over the bars. Ended up getting landed on. Punctured lung, broken sternum, twenty broken ribs, broken right collar bone, dislocated left shoulder, permanent joint problems.

That was the end of BMX for me. Was in the hospital for almost two months. Two months off the bike, and nearly three weeks before I saw the outside of the hospital.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I apparently was in the hospital overnight when I was a young kid due to an ear infection, though I don't remember it. (We're talking 1-3 years.) The longest stay I remember was when I split open my middle finger in kindergarten... and that was just long because I was waiting in ER for about 5 hours before they got to me since it wasn't life threatening. I was with my grandparents too... my grandma still apologizes despite it being 11 years ago. :P And she wasn't even responsible. (Completely my own fault.)

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
5 days in an oxygen tank because my lungs shut down due to a severe allergy to cats. That's all.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Other than at birth, I've never stayed overnight in a hospital. The longest I've spent in one was about 6-8 hours when I had mono and were rehydrating me. I was wheeled out in a wheelchair after I had morphine pumped through my veins. :P But yeah, I'm not fond of hospitals. I will avoid one to the fullest extent.

Twitch

Twitch Avatar

Official Member

Female

August 2008
I've never had to stay in a hospital. I'm a fairly healthy person (and I'm not too much of a daredevil). Unfortunately, I've had several experiences with them and hate them with a burning passion.

- Nephews' births. I have three. And my nieces' births...two nieces...
- My own birth.
- My great grandmother's death (that particular hospital smelled too strongly of disinfectant for my comfort -- it was like someone shoved a disinfectant wipe up my nose, so I felt like I was breathing some kind of poison).
- My brother broke his foot after jumping off our roof. No, he wasn't suicidal. Just an adrenaline junky.
- My dad twisted his foot really badly in a hole and stretched a tendon. Bah, that was horrible.

If chiropractic issues count, I'm currently in physical therapy because my spine is misaligned and I have a cyst in my wrist, and it hurts terribly. Otherwise, I really avoid coming in contact with hospitals in any way...

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
I've hardly been in there for an hour at a time, no need for insurance here either :P

Ohhhh Caanaadaaaaa...

CorporateDan

CorporateDan Avatar

Official Member

July 2008
I almost died at 2 weeks old. I had a condition which prevented me from swallowing food. I was operated on and luckily survived.

It had something to do with the muscle in my throat, being constantly tensed. All they did to solve the problem was pinch it, and it opened.

My parents never had to worry about the costs, because like Canada we have national health insurance in the UK. =]

Last Edit: Aug 3, 2008 15:31:08 GMT by CorporateDan

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Visiting my crazy mother in the hospital when her heart condition was acting up/surgery. And yeah, I don't really like hospitals.

Pokeman

Pokeman Avatar

April 2008
I don't remember the last time I've been in a hospital...there's probably reason for that

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
CorporateDan Avatar
I almost died at 2 weeks old. I had a condition which prevented me from swallowing food. I was operated on and luckily survived.

It had something to do with the muscle in my throat, being constantly tensed. All they did to solve the problem was pinch it, and it opened.

My parents never had to worry about the costs, because like Canada we have national health insurance in the UK. =]

Yeah, that's how it was for my sister sorta. She had a cleft pallet and had a hole in the back of her throat so any milk went through her nose or ears (they are all connected with the throat). $120,000 surgery twelve years ago.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
OUCH at Josh's post O_o
k

CorporateDan

CorporateDan Avatar

Official Member

July 2008
Josh Avatar
CorporateDan Avatar

Yeah, that's how it was for my sister sorta. She had a cleft pallet and had a hole in the back of her throat so any milk went through her nose or ears (they are all connected with the throat). $120,000 surgery twelve years ago.

:o

It's sickening that you were made to pay that much to save your sisters life. Shame on them.

newBookmarkLockedFalling