Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
For whatever reason, for almost all Kirby titles, the one on the American cover is always smoldering with rage, while the Japanese Kirby has a pretty carefree, happy-go-lucky expression. I'm guessing they probably did this to make Kirby look more hardcore than just a regular pink puffball normally would, in hopes that it would appeal to the average American consumer.

I present to you Exhibit A, Kirby Squeak Squad:

Japan -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/4/933044_75969_front.jpg
America -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/4/933044_75607_front.jpg

Your honor, if I may now present Kirby Air Ride:

Japan happy Kirby -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/7/589687_24371_front.jpg
U.S. I'm gonna tear your shit up Kirby -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/7/589687_front.jpg

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land

Japan pretty happy to be in a nightmare Kirby -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/3/561703_23208_front.jpg
U.S. who is your daddy and what does he do Kirby -- image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/3/561703_45152_front.jpg

I rest my case.

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
That's hilarious. Good Kirby in Japan, Evil Kirby in America.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
lol we should have a kirby game, Japanese Kirby vs. Kick-ass American-Solid Snake-Wearing Headband Kirby

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
That's because Kirby is such a kickass game and it is tough to make a pink balloon look kickass. :-P

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
lawlz.

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
That eyebrow makes all the difference man, wouldn't wanna mess with the Kirby Kuteness Klub (KKK).

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Epic discovery SO. Epic.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I can't claim credit for this discovery, I'm just trying to spread the word and let the people be informed.

newBookmarkLockedFalling