Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
?

And if so, why? What keeps you here, and do you think you'll stay? If not, what might make you leave, life or the actual board?

Post here, and around six months from now I'll look back to this topic and see how many of you will still be here. Unless I die or get amnesia or something I'm pretty sure I'll be here to check.

It's just a little experiment. From what I've seen most people don't stay more than a few months unless they're staff, who tend to come and go. That doesn't just go for this forum, but boards in general. I don't mean to come off as some asshole questioning your commitment level or whatever, it's just a little curiosity test.

so post prz for the greater good

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
My activity bounces around more than Chris on speed. So it's pretty up and down. Right now I'm pretty active, and I think it's been the most in the last 6 or so months, sadly. Mainly it's life, and too many distractions outside of SZ.

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
I usually check the board one or two times daily, unless I'm really busy. If there's any topic I can contribute to I do.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
SZ is basically my internet life. :P
k

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Well I consider myself as a good loyal active member, because I login, post everyday, help out the community with what I can and join contests and such... :)

CorporateDan

CorporateDan Avatar

Official Member

July 2008
Ess Ohh Avatar
What keeps you here, and do you think you'll stay? If not, what might make you leave, life or the actual board?

I'm pretty new to the forum, but am sure I can still answer the questions you've asked.

I return because I find this forum interesting. The fact I like to design websites fits nicely into the categories this board has to offer, and I think from what I've seen the community here is relatively open to new members, unlike other boards I've simply passed by.

I think I'll stay for the sames reasons as above, but also because I've recently purchase a web-book (10.2" screen laptop that is very easy to carry around) and a mobile broadband USB token, meaning I can access the net from near anywhere. This is more of a personal-situation thing, where my situation is that I can access the net anywhere, but is relevant to the question.

If I was to leave, It could be for both reasons;

Life is unpredictable, and anything could happen between now and the next 6 months.

If it was the board, the only thing that would prompt me to leave would be inactivity. I make the effort to log on everyday check for new topics, reply to the ones which I find interesting, make some new ones every now and then and do the same the next day, but if no one else is doing the same, the forum dies and theres nothing to do when I log on, and eventually I would just give up. However, from the looks of things, that won't be happening. =]

Last Edit: Aug 3, 2008 22:39:57 GMT by CorporateDan

stoner
I am not really active now. I discovered I needed more time away from the boards. I needed to hang out with my "real" friends .

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I'm semi-active, i usually come on to check it at least once a week, but I don't always post. I don't what keeps me coming back. Maybe the design, it could be that sexy. :P

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
It depends on if you count being active from the time I signed up, or more recently.

I signed up forever ago (to get A(yes, one) code) and then left for a year or so. I didn't really become active until a month or two ago. And I'm technically not really 100% active (look at my post count :P)

But I know I'll still be here in 6 months (less I die)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I consider myself active. I post (generally. Not today, obviously) 30-50 posts a day and help Chris with stuff. I'm not active in my other duties, however. Namely designing a few concepts for v3. >.> I have no motivation. >.<

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
My life motivation is currently upset, so I have no motivation to do anything either. :P
k

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
I guess I'm semi-active. I try to login daily unless live has other plans, I usually post if something interests me enough for me to post in it. I think what keeps me here is my friends and basically the good community. You stay at a forum when the people are nice to you and everyone is friendly etc. I think I also stay because this forum is very useful and it has a good future. Forums with like 10 members you won't see me at much unless it is brand brand new because I tend to like semi-developed forums. I think I will be staying for quite sometime. The only thing that could possibly make me leave would be something MAJOR in life.

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
I can also be considered semi-active, logging in around once every 2-3 days, at most once every 2 weeks if I'm extremely busy. (which I was 2 weeks ago >.>) I try to post as much as possible whenever I can, while working on my homework and posting on other forums too. :o I probably would still be around in 6 months, unless something drastic happens, but I don't think I will be hyper active. Around December maybe. :)

webmaren

webmaren Avatar
Una salus vicits, nullam sperare salutem

Dedicated Member

August 2007
I'm really active in my times of activity. I check all of the boards I am a member of about five times each day right now. But if I stop using the forums, you won't see me around for 6 months. Then I'll be back in another period of lots of activity.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Yea... every once in a while I get bored of forums and my activity drops for about a week or more. It sucks. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling