Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I mean, I've read up online and they say it could take up to a month or more. That's...not really what I wanted to hear. It's almost been a week since I sprained it, and it sucks just waiting for it to heal. Can't go to the gym, can't go to many places really since I'm on crutches and this thing they called a camwalker (some big removable boot/splint thing).

How long did it take to heal if you've ever sprained something? Maybe I'll limp by the drugstore and see if they have any magic ligament repair cream. On sale.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeahhh, mine took about 1-2 months. So sorry, but it's true. It all depends on the severity of the sprain, and how you're treating it.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
One time... I broke my brain. It still hasn't healed yet :'(

OH btw, i sprained my ankle a months ago running from the po-po with a few friends. I accidentally rolled it on the curb, and that was that. It took about 3 weeks to heal =/
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I wouldn't be able to answer this as I have no sprained or broken a bone in my life. and I'm 17. Yes, sad, I know.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've only sprained my ankle a few times (as opposed to the fact I roll or twist it nearly daily) and it took about... a week to heal last time. I was still up and active during the time too.

And may I ask what the heck you were doing? o.o I hope you weren't like some of our stupid freshmen this year who decided a cartwheel race would be exciting and then missed 3/4 of the track season.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
I'm in the same case as chris. I roll and twist my ankle almost every day, and they heal up same day. Sprains, Week or less.

Walk on it as much as possible, stretch it constantly. Hold until it absolutely burns and you can't do it any longer. The best way is Stand on one foot, pull your leg behind you as close to your hip as possible. Your ankle should be straight, hold it until you feel like you may die. Use a wall to balance if you must.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Never sprained anything surprisingly. I've broken my leg though :D

lol yay for pointless posts. <_<
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I've only sprained my ankle a few times (as opposed to the fact I roll or twist it nearly daily) and it took about... a week to heal last time. I was still up and active during the time too.

And may I ask what the heck you were doing? o.o I hope you weren't like some of our stupid freshmen this year who decided a cartwheel race would be exciting and then missed 3/4 of the track season.

That sounds awesome. But no, sprained it while playing basketball. I've twisted them a lot but never had something like this. Oddly enough I think the shoes made it worse because it was one of those hi-tops that are supposed to guard against ankle injuries, but it made the ankle bend more.

The urgent care doctor I went to said to just keep it compressed and iced and all that, but I've been reading that after the first three or so days you should try to move and heat it up, so I'll change to that for now. Thanks for the advice.

newBookmarkLockedFalling