Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
A while ago I was driving around town getting stuff done (which is rare for me) and saw a vinyl sticker on the back of a persons car linking to a website.

I went to it when I got home and was.. pleasantly.. surprised.

I just remembered what the link was and figured I'd share it for a few good laughs.

crwebdesigns.net/

edit: I just noticed that on the "Web Site Preview" button, if you view source (You'll have to manually click view source, they disabled right click ;)), you can view the logins. Wabam, javascript ftw!

Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008 8:38:34 GMT by Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
*vomits*

And they say they're web designers?!

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Horrible design..

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->

LAWL!!!

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
This is why I hate telling people i'm a web developer. I always get a response like, "oh yeah, my little nephew does that." >_>

webmaren

webmaren Avatar
Una salus vicits, nullam sperare salutem

Dedicated Member

August 2007
Wow.

I take slight offense to the idea that all young people doing web design suck at it. I'm not so wizened myself and I create very nice websites if I decide to.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
And I started at the age of 13, myself.

Should be rather obvious that that's not at all what i'm implying. :P

CorporateDan

CorporateDan Avatar

Official Member

July 2008
Benjamin Avatar
A while ago I was driving around town getting stuff done (which is rare for me) and saw a vinyl sticker on the back of a persons car linking to a website.

I just remembered what the link was and figured I'd share it for a few good laughs.

crwebdesigns.net/

edit: I just noticed that on the "Web Site Preview" button, if you view source (You'll have to manually click view source, they disabled right click ;)), you can view the logins. Wabam, javascript ftw!

Why bother logging in? The destination page is also specified.

: copypaste :

Whats scares me most is he/she has clients. O__O.

Last Edit: Aug 11, 2008 19:27:22 GMT by CorporateDan

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Aaron Avatar
This is why I hate telling people i'm a web developer. I always get a response like, "oh yeah, my little nephew does that." >_>

Yeah I hate that to. Because most of the time, their nephew and all his brothers can type this:<HTML><TITLE>our site</TITLE><HEAD><BODY>blah blah blah</BODY></HEAD></HTML> (Yes I purposely wrote that incorrectly)

But whats worse is I think those people live a few blocks away from me. No wonder why I haven't been able to design anything good lately ;D
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
CorporateDan Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

crwebdesigns.net/

Why bother logging in? The destination page is also specified.

: copypaste :

Whats scares me most is he/she has clients. O__O.

Yeah their client page isn't the best either. =0

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Yeah their client page isn't the best either. =0

Yeah...

You have no idea how embarrassing this actually makes me. To think that..."designs"... like THOSE came from my town. =/ One things for sure. As soon as I get my portfolio online, those people are going to learn what PROFESSIONAL means. ;D
Lucifer Avatar

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
... Honestly? Your joking right?

PLEASE tell me this is a joke.

<_<

>_>

*slits wrists*
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Yeah, I'm dead serious.

You know what's awesome though? it looks better on my phone. Assuming I'm using the browser in text-only mode :D
Lucifer Avatar

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
... I want to hunt these people down and cut them up for embarrassing me as a web designer.
k

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
... I want to hunt these people down and cut them up for embarrassing me as a web designer.

And I'm sure they want to hunt you and every 13 year old with frontpage down for making them look bad ;D

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
I'll get you their address if you want it that bad XD

You dont even need frontpage to make them look bad. All I would need is notepad.

Anyway, check this out. I sent them a message in the contact us form. Here's the image of it: img501.imageshack.us/img501/7756/picture5ti7.png
And here's what I said:

I just wanted to let you know that I went to you website and found that it barely renders in my browser. You might tell me to upgrade my web browser to the latest version of Internet Exploder - NO. I proudly use Firefox 3.

There are several problems with your website.

1) Your right-click script doesn't work in modern browsers
2) Because the script doesn't work, it only takes me about two seconds to notice that your HTML doesn't and never will validate. See this link: validator.w3.org
3) Putting login credentials in your source (using javascript or anything or that matter) isn't very smart. As with validation, it only took me about two seconds to retrieve what I wouldn't be able to see on a professional website.

It would be invaluable for you to learn a language called CSS - Cascading Style Sheets. It might save you a lot of hardships and headaches. That is, assuming you can apply a valid doctype to your site.

Please note that I did leave a valid e-mail address in case you choose to respond.

:)
Lucifer Avatar

newBookmarkLockedFalling