Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
kotaku.com/5037121/the-most-difficult-games-of-all-time

For the lazy:

10. Contra
9. Zelda II
8. Castlevania
7. Devil May Cry 3
6. Shinobi
5. Ikaruga
4. F-Zero GX
3. Ninja Gaiden (series)
2. Ghouls & Ghosts (series)
1. Battletoads

I just heard F-Zero GX was on the list so I decided to watch it. Of those I've only played Zelda II and GX, but I think completing story mode on GX took about five years off my life, give or take. I guess Captain Falcon refused to show me his moves when I kept dying over and over again, but I did it somehow though I don't really know how or why.

What games have you played that have been close to or more than impossible?

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
You serious? I've never even played a PSX, but 2, 3, 8, 9, and 10 i've knocked out easy (Ninja Gaiden did pose a rather hefty challenge, though).

Guess i'm not missing much? :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well I don't know if I'm serious 'cause it's not my list. :P I never bothered to finish Zelda II and I've heard scary things about Ikaruga, Ninja Gaiden, and Battletoads. But I do know that GX took a lot of patience.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
DMC3 deserves a spot. I will atest for it. I beat the game, barely. Took 6 tries alone on the final boss... on the easiest difficulty. I'd say I died close to 100 times in that game. :P DMC1 wasn't much easier though... well, first time through. Playing through again, I destroyed the game.

Edit: Oh, and I have the special edition. :P

Last Edit: Aug 15, 2008 1:11:38 GMT by Chris

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
i did hear battletoads was really hard. haven't played any of them unfortunately.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I can't really agree to DMC3 or Ninja Gaiden on that list...I've never had trouble on either of them

Zelda II, yes, hard.

newBookmarkLockedFalling