Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
So which SZ skin is your favourite of all time and why? :)

I'm currently using the SZv2 module. Initially, when I designed v2, I thought "v1 is simple, it's light coloured and members have been asking for a darker toned skin." So I thought: "why not".

After taking another poll, you guys also requested a skin that "breaks the limit of proboards in terms of graphics along with coding" and a tech style that is suited to SZ's innovative culture. So here is v2.

After all that rambling my all time favourite skin is:

version 1

It's the skin that made the big jump of what SZ is today. It is the skin that, in my view, has made a difference in Proboards designing.

:)

Actually, Chris, we perhaps after Josh's interview, we can make a thread/board where new members and some old members can ask us about the development of v1, v2 and the prehistories of SZ and how it became what is today. You know, kind of like a little "history of SZ" compliation as we celebrate 3 years of SZ. :D
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I actually think the v2 module skin is the best of them all to be honest.
Other than the banner, this skin kicks ass.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
I'm using v1... I like both versions but I pick something that load faster for my suck internet :P

webmaren

webmaren Avatar
Una salus vicits, nullam sperare salutem

Dedicated Member

August 2007
v2 is my favorite. The banner leaves a little to be desired, but it's still pretty good.

I like the nested menu; it's something you don't often see on ProBoards.

tehbest

tehbest Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
The version 2 module skin is my all time favourite. I cant fault it really, as said above the nested menu is great, and isnt something that you see often.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Graphically, I love v2. However, it... gets boring after a while. Thus, I stick with v1. It's the allaround best skin and 3 years in, I still love it.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I'm currently using a beta gmscript that changes SZ into v3. Courtesy of Chris, of course.

I'm a lying bastard. I use v1.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
v1 is too hot! Subtle and sleek rolled into one kick-ass pancake!

I remember attempting to re-create v1 on my own on PS when I was a noob. I gave up after 15 minutes.

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
i use V2. i like the colors and the features and the look of it. i think the mini profiles are awesome too.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
v2 is probably better if I had to pick one, but when v1 was made the default again I didn't bother to change it. They're both great.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ess Ohh Avatar
v2 is probably better if I had to pick one, but when v1 was made the default again I didn't bother to change it. They're both great.

Yet I offered to change it for you and you said no. :P

tehbest

tehbest Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
V1 seems to be growing on me :P I like the simplicity of it.

Last Edit: Aug 21, 2008 10:41:54 GMT by tehbest

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Currently v2 but if I were to choose my favourite I would have to say v1 for the sheer simplicity of it.

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
They both have distinct styles to them that no one has ever used around ProBoards which makes them all extremely nice. I love the blues used in v1, but the features you threw into v2 are pretty insane. I tend to switch off between v1 and v2 every couple weeks.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Well I currently use v2, but I will always love v1. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling