Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
I don't know were you guys live, but I am in Louisiana and we got hit hard.
If you don't know much about this storm I suggest going to google. You'd be surprised how much damage it did.
:)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, I was on a cruise the week before Katrina hit. Mobile was our port. I saw the ocean go flat. I had never witnessed something as scary as that and then hearing the quiver in the Captain's voice when he said that we were on the edge of a very large hurricane. We made port about 5 hours before the storm began. By the next night the ship I had been on had capsized and the parking structure was in ruin. I have family that live down in Mississippi (why no one ever spoke about this on the news I will never know) and are about 50 miles from shore and just got pounded. I feel for you. I hope everything is all right down there.

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
Yeah, I heard it was pretty bad, but was it on par with Katrina? I'd hope not at least.

It's a good thing they had the evacuations, though. Because of that they were able to focus on everything else damage-wise instead of rescues.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I know the damage in Cuba was being compared (by Fidel Castro) to the nuclear bomb dropped in Hiroshima, so it was extensive there. Though how bad was it in Louisiana? I know it wasn't as bad as predicted (well, as far as oil is concerned anyway.)

newBookmarkLockedFalling