Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Ok.

How many people have this OS and like it? how many problems do you with it? Give me the low down ;D

I got a new computer and it has been nothing but a BIG pain in the ass. i'm ready to destroy the dam thing.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Windows Vista is fail ::) You should switch back to Xp

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I have Vista, and I love it. If you can, install the 64-bit version. I, of course, have a system that's considerably out-of-date. Thus, I'm having trouble running it properly. Once I get my stuff upgraded, though, it will be awesome.
wat

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
crazyj said:
Windows Vista is fail ::) You should switch back to Xp

My latop is XP thats the only thing. I wish they still made computers with XP OS.

Whats good about the 64 bit verison

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
It's better than the 32-bit version.
wat

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I have XP and am too lazy to switch until I have to.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I want an desktop but problem is they come with vista. i finally got some problems clear up today.. it seems like to much of a pain to deal with.. Next i got to find patches for older games that if they have patches for them.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
With Vista its like living in the ghetto, you'll/it'll die for no reason

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Actually, it's pretty stable. If your system can handle it (which mine clearly can't >.<), it will run like nothing you have ever seen. The instability I'm having is due to my motherboard being 2 years too old to handle it. If you get a new system with it, you should have no problems.
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've had only a little experience with it, but it's completely different from XP is my only complaint. It takes a little adjusting.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
Scorpion, even if your system can handle it there is still some problems that can occur, such as the fault Network Connection Manager. My friend bought a new Computer with Vista and couldn't even go on the internet with it, but everything worked fine when he used his computer with XP.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Yes, but that doesn't mean they can't be fixed. I actually had a problem similar to that. All it took was a BIOS update to fix mine, since it's usually a stupid little system problem causing these things. All you need to really do is simply read the manual to it. The setup is different than XP (yes Chris, it does take some getting used to).
wat

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
I have vista but I prefer XP.

snoozyboozy
still running vista problem free... that's over a week now!

*i've just jinxed myself haven't i LOL!*

edit:

When I say problem free, I'm not including the small registry edit I had to do or the system tweaks to sort a couple of ikkle things out... haha

But on Vista, I have installed and am running (completely problem free) everything I have running on the laptop which is XP:

• Flock FireFox
  • uTorrent
  • Office 2003 Pro
  • K-Lite Codec Pack
  • Nokia PC Suite
  • Norton Internet Security
  • CCleaner
  • Ad-Aware

and no problems with any of them!

Last Edit: Sept 21, 2007 9:55:27 GMT by snoozyboozy

newBookmarkLockedFalling