Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I'm a bit confuse.

when useing the internet on my laptop it seems to be faster then using it on my desktop. why is that?

Speed is Dail-up and its though AOL.

Laptop is a XP and only couple years old and Desktop is brand new.

I just dont get why the intertnet is faster when on the laptop then when on the desktop. can anyone help with this?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
alucard said:
Speed is Dail-up and its though AOL.

There's your problem.

Well, honestly, I don't know that much about dial-up...a direct connection should be as fast or faster than a wireless one regardless. Maybe you have some malware or extra processes on your desktop that are slowing it down? I have no idea.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i know dail-up itsn't the greatest but thats all i can get for net where i live. i check i have no malware to extra crap in the background. I talk to tech support with aol they couldn't do much. i thought maybe an extal modem might work i dont know.....

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Dial up is slow on all pc's lol, also it depends on the KB/s

Also IMO, I don't know if it's true or w/e...

But the better the PC, the better that the internet in on your pc =/

Well, it's the same internet, like take an example, I have 2 pc's at home, and I have a router, which allows me to open like as many internet connections as I need =/

But I just fixed my pc, it used to be crappy and well so did the internet, when I fixed, I dunno internet seemed better to me =/

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Thats what i have been hearing that Dail-up on desktop is sucky. loading time and everything thing. i ask around and not to many people knows why.

All i really found out even know the speed is the same the loading time and everything is way different from laptop to desktop. and was told that since desktop has Vista that could be problem too. >_<

All hope is lost i think until a company sends highspeed net towards my way.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Well, my friend has vista, and it works fine =/

He has Dial-Up fyi.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
AT&T Yahoo! Basic DSL. It's only basic DSL, but it does what I need. :)
wat

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Is you computer a dell?

I know that they come with a lot of unnecessary crap pre-installed that slows down the internet.
enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Yes its a dell computer

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
alucard said:
Yes its a dell computer

Try this: Dell Decrapifier
enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
ok i will try that thanks

newBookmarkLockedFalling