Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Other than the recent Max Payne, there hasn't been too much talk about converting games to a movie counterpart. What happened? Did Hollywood finally realize most of them end up terrible? But I guess they still make money. I mean, if Meet the Spartans can rake in box office moolah so can the worst video game movie.

I mean, we had a Halo movie set to come out, what happened to that. Same for the Metroid movie. Not that I'm complaining. In retrospect, have there been any vg movies that weren't completely awful, or at least remained true to the games they came from?

Looking back, Dead or Alive was mainly about boobs, and so was the movie. Unless they took some different creative approach to the film but I don't think they did. Why should they really, the movie writes itself.

Then we have the RE movies which have mixed reactions (the third looked good but I never saw it), and then Uwe Boll movies, if you can call them that.

Was Max Payne any good? I'm sure there's a decent one I'm forgetting.

Last Edit: Nov 11, 2008 18:48:00 GMT by Ess Ohh

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Well there is a Mega Man film in production as I post this. I'm sure about the Max Payne movie, I have to see it myself.

I'm hoping that the Gears of War movie goes good tho. :-X

Sinister

Sinister Avatar

December 2007
All of the video game movie ideas were probably all eaten by the critics ;D

I still want them to make a Halo movie though. I'd pay to see that.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
A Gears movie? They just won't stop.

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
this thread reminded me of: www.gametrailers.com/player/41754.html

They're supposedly working on a warcraft movie with a $100 million budget. But we'll probably see a lot of delay with that since it's Blizzard afterall =p

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008
I still think a Twisted Metal movie would be orgasmic =D

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Next thing you know we'll get a Super Mario Sunshine movie. :P

Yeah, they've mostly failed from what I've seen/heard... but who knows, one may end up doing well.

PrincessPeach

PrincessPeach Avatar

Official Member

May 2008
The problem is that the writer and directors think that they know the game so well that they can take it and mutilate the original story that is loved by fans, and make their own shiteous story of how "the game should have been."

I liked the first Resident Evil movie because it really didn't f**k with the game's story. After that, the movies were just awful to me.

newBookmarkLockedFalling