Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Been a while since I gave this board the proper treatment with another contest, so it's about time. I feel like a deadbeat dad.

I don't know if you guys have played any hurt or heal games before but here's how it works, at least in this case. We'll have a certain number of video game characters, and they all start with a certain amount of points, or HP. Based on your preference, you can "hurt" them, which will dock them HP, or "heal" them, which, as it sounds, will give them health and bring them further from the edge of death.

Eventually, characters die off, they always do, and after some time there's one remaining, the winner. So how do members come into play here? Well first we need characters of course, which will come in the form on nominations. Then a predictions topic will ensue, where you guys will guess who will win, and lose, in order. Finally the actual contest will give way, which will also be decided by you guys.

The exception is nominations, which will be partially decided by me. However, 25 characters will make it into the main event, and I need help coming up with a good and balanced list. Nominate any character you like in this topic and I'll put him/her into consideration for the contest.

A reward hasn't been finalized, but will most likely fall under the general area of a winner bar and SZ points. Might net you an achievement or two, as I recall winning contests also rewards points.

So get to nominating, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Cats.

</game>

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think Zebra already won.

Cloud
Sephiroth
Mario
Link
Zelda
Bowser
Master Chief

I just wanted to get some required ones in. May I recommend each person needing two nominations to actually get in? That way we at least have -some- agreement and narrow down the list a bit already. (And if so, I add Cats to my list.)

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008 4:43:27 GMT by Chris

Paladin

Paladin Avatar
www.welikezombies.com

Official Member

December 2008
Orlandu (FFT)
Ramza (FFT)
Samus
Tank (L4D)
Darth Revan (KotOR)

^ Some suggestions, and which games they are from.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I just wanted to get some required ones in. May I recommend each person needing two nominations to actually get in? That way we at least have -some- agreement and narrow down the list a bit already. (And if so, I add Cats to my list.)

Well the thing is that the list is ultimately decided by me, and I'll add/drop characters as I get further in creating it but I need suggestions which was the purpose of this topic. But I agree with the general idea. While there won't be any requirement, a character with multiple nominations will probably get in seeing as how the demand is higher.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Well considering it's not limited by system or series

at least 1 or 2 from...

Nintendo
ubisoft
square enix
namco
tecmo
capcom
valve
maybe epic for gears

mehbeh?
--
ideas: mario, link, bowser, samus, sam fisher, altair, cloud, tidus, snake, pacman, nightmare (Soulcaliber), Ryu Hayabusa, leon kennedy, glados, gordan freeman

Minion Fire-san

Minion Fire-san Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2007
Dante from DMC!
Caim from Drakengaurd!
Bently from Sly Cooper!
Snake from MGS!
Shane Carpenter from Haze!

^^; Might post some more later, just kinda brain dead right now. xD

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
ermm Pikachu!! :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Oh shit. I second Dante. How could I forget him?

Sandvich from TF2
Gordan Freeman form HL/HL2
GLaDOS from Portal

I'll have more later.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Mario
Link
Zelda