Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
To see many threads made only by the same person. What's up guys? Have we not got many things to talk to each other about, does a man do not have much discussion to contribute to the good will of society?

::)

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Maybe, maybe not who knows. If i think of something good and think and hope it can have a good discussion about then i post it.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Studio Zero's been taken hostage by someone who hates message boards and their spawn. He's trying to kill it from the inside, and create his own sick, twisted, post-apocalyptic world where forums and swiss cheese don't exist. I'll be killed now that I've said this, but it had to be done.

Also it could be that one person makes a lot of threads in a row and pushes others' into the next page. That seems to end up happening a lot. And no one goes to the second page, so those threads are pretty much left homeless and unposted in...and if they are posted in, it could be considered bumping up old threads and stuff like that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I create threads when I think of something to post about. It's a slow and painful process for me unfortunately, and I never have much luck with it. =/

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
I see a lot of proboards designs forums lose activity, i blame the support forums >_>

« тwі™ | Slain »

« тwі™ | Slain » Avatar
[r.p.g] addict;;

October 2007
'cause Design Forums are usually active because of the same people, who are usually designers with a big name for themselves. Same with coders...

Many people tend to join design sites because their Pre-Made Database is actually a Member-Viewable resource only. If design sites made their resources a member only thing with a certain of number of posts to even see the board, you'd see a decrease in member-numbers, but increase in overall activity, which is really what you're looking for.

I see a lot of proboards designs forums lose activity, i blame the support forums >_>

Total Members: 113,623
Active Users In The Past 24 Hours
11 Staff Members, 714 Members, 4297 Guests, 54 Invisible Users

Lol, I agree; KILL TEH SUPPORT FORUM! -grabs hacking tools-

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
XD...
Yeah..but when Chris and I started SZ. We both agree that restricting guests to the database isn't that good...but if you open up the resources to people. You can generate more traffic and people who actually join the board are the people who are actually interested in joining and being part of the community..unlike other boards where people join in just for the resource..>.<
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I'm a firm believer that if you have something good to offer than make people work for it.
enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
17godzilla said:
I'm a firm believer that if you have something good to offer than make people work for it.

Most design sites (for codes anyway) state that you can't link to a resource if it isn't guest accessible, which will limit members who might become interested by the website.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I notice that most design sites have been dying because everyone seems to be in a state where noone can think of anything original anymore, so everyone is just copying each other and every design site seems to be the same.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
fredy said:
I notice that most design sites have been dying because everyone seems to be in a state where noone can think of anything original anymore, so everyone is just copying each other and every design site seems to be the same.

SZ's still got a few unique things planned. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P You reffering to the things you told me over msn a while ago? :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder