Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
There are many people out there who have completed High School and have gone onto satisfactory jobs and are leading their lives happily across the world. Is College Education REALLY a must? Or is it made to sound more than it should be??

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Good Question.

to me i think its 50/50. I think it kinda depends on what kind of job you need. I did a project somewhat like to this in school. Now along as you are not lazy and bum you can find really good jobs that you don't need a college education and there are some that do.

For me i think the whole saying if you don't go to college you wont go anyways is B.S. So many people has said that to me, more less adults and they are say you better off going b/c i wish i did and now I'm stuck here. The whole time I'm thinking that the person is to lazy to go out and LOOK. Sure if you just have a high school degree and you first step into the workforce yea you might get a "Shit" job but most everyone will have one of theses in their life time.

I say if you want to make the BIG bucks and retire early then a college is a must but you want to get a nice job and live life going though 2-x amount of years then just look you will be surprise the jobs out there that pay good money with a College education.

College is not a must but a choice of life style

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
To me...and to my kids in the future. College education is a highly recommended option but not a must. As I mean, going to polytech or any other alternative education that can land you in a good career is also good. But some people, like me, want to specialize in a particular career or want to do something further than a tech school or a polytech can offer (e.g. research).

Also, I am currently enjoying my College life. It is great! I get to meet new people from different backgrounds and all over the world! You can do it elsewhere but hanging out with heaps of intellectuals that have the same passion as you in many aspects really thrilled me.

College education is a high recommendation. Not a must from me.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Well, I plan on going into computer programming, and although i could probably learn some half decent programming from high school, and some from the internet, i feel it would be wise for me to go to college because i will get a better expanded knowledge of programming, making me more qualified.

However, sometimes, college can make you overqualified for a job, and make it harder to find one in that field. I have a friend who's mom can't find a job because they keep saying she is overqualified. =\'
k

Common

Common Avatar
Well I Wonder

October 2007
I don't think it's a must at all. Here in the UK, at least, you'll probably end up making more money if you become a manual labourer since jobs like that are in really short supply at the moment. I'm currently at University, but i'm hating every minute of it and, in a way I wish I had never bothered, but the way our schools are geared is that if you get good grades you basically get forced to go to Uni... but at the time you think you want to. While the end result of my 5 year course may be worth it, and will perhaps make it a lot easier to get a job, I could still be doing pretty well and living comfortably if I just went straight into the world of work i'm sure.

newBookmarkLockedFalling