Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Basically, do you enjoy figuring things out for yourself or do you get frustrated and lose the fun value when playing the game. What draws the line?

It's always motivating to find out how to finish a challenge/puzzle/whatever yourself, but I gotta admit my frustration tolerance is pretty low and I'll resort to guides early on.

Cheats are always fun but if they ruin the game I'll wait until after I've beaten it.

what say you?

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
You learn the game a lot better without cheats =p So whenever I do use cheats it's only for entertainment purposes. In Left 4 Dead for example if you're on a local host you can use all the cheats you want, like spawning a lot of witches =D
Guides I sometimes use in RPGs when I get stuck or when I can't find -some rare item-. But it's definitely more fun to figure something out or achieve something without cheats or guides.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Cheats can make games interesting and fun sometimes. For example, I might use a cheat for infinite health in some shooter game just to massacre people.

As for guides... I'll use them if I really can't figure something out or I'm curious where some item is. I'll occasionally use one to make sure I'm not missing any items when I go through a place.

SSJ Sonic-X

SSJ Sonic-X Avatar

January 2009
crazynarutard Avatar
You learn the game a lot better without cheats =p So whenever I do use cheats it's only for entertainment purposes.

co-sign. i use cheats for games like gta (only for free runs and having fun, i complete the story without cheats).

overall though, nay.
TEAM PS3 | NikeTalk

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Nay.

Only yay for cheats, secrets, easter eggs and such

richardgary1223
Nay..

But I look for guides when I'm stuck... :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Play the game through at least once or twice. Then, after that, use the cheats/walkthroughs to fully enjoy it. That's the way I and all my friends have always done it. ^.^
wat

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling