Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
... I've been reading up on it, and recent read a few articles about it in my brand new subscription to pc world(woot), and I'm not sure if its going to fail because of its lack of originality, or succeed because of its functionality. :P

thoughts? :P
k

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
I don't know why they're going for another operating system right now. They've had multiple problems lately with some of their products and I've yet to see a "Let's fix those products up!". All I'm heard that they think the solution is is "Let's make a new product and hope it works!

About Windows 7, it don't look too different from Vista. So help me if I upgrade and it's got bug, I'm gonna hurt someone!

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P they completely redesign the task bar/startmenu area :P No more quick launch :P

There are a few new things too, but for the most part, it does look alot of vista. I think they spent less time on the design, and are spending more time making sure it is secure and compatible with software and hardware.
k

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Doesn't sound too bad :) I was never a big fan of quick launch. I like that they're testing it out, that's a good sign.

I can't wait to hear more about it.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Look up some stuff about it on the internet :P Alot of people are blogging about it and have lots of screenshots :P
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
My pre-beta build (my daddy went to PDC 2008!!) behaves really nicely. It doesn't have the new start bar (I don't think they released that until build 6933 or something), but man is it FAST.

To put it in perspective.. I can run W7 on my dell, which can't even run XP. Hands down, 7 owns. :)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
According to articles, they say the final version is going to appear to be faster than vista, but in reality, it won't be. lol XD

and 'm jealous of you Benjamin :P
k

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Ha, That's great new Benjamin :P

I remember when a friend of mine got a sneak peak software for Vista. It spammed and slowed my computer down to a smash-your-head-against-the-monitor pace.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
The beta looks promising. But I do hope the final version looks sleeker than Vista (which looks great). i dont want them using the same images and colors all over again.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236

that's for whoever wants to see a comparative analysis of OS performance between 7, Vista, and XP.

newBookmarkLockedFalling