Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Refresher course, here's part 1:

forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=8173

I made a bet, with myself so the odds were pretty good, that the people posting in that topic wouldn't be active 6 months from now.

First of all, let me just say that I almost didn't get to make this thread because SZ almost closed down permanently. So let's put that into perspective.

Once again I'm not making some holier-than-thou statement, it's just a little social experiment, kind of like Scorpian's thread, to keep my curiosity in check. It's a bit short of 6 months but I think you get the point.

So, how many of you are still here? ;)

Also, if you wouldn't mind, please answer the questions in the original post: what keeps you coming back, and do you think you'll stay? If not, why? Life is unpredictable, but what would make you voluntarily leave a forum?

Last Edit: Feb 1, 2009 1:49:42 GMT by Ess Ohh

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
In the other thread I said that I'd still be here unless I died. Still here. :D
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I was here at the time that thread was posted (although i never posted in it), and i still am here.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I was the first responder to that thread, and i just posted a thread saying hi after 2-3 months of basically nothing. what does that tell you? haha.

then again, at that time was when i was contemplating letting go of the Studio. I came back because of... well, nostalgic reasons, and because even if i'm not an uber staff member anymore, SZ is still a part of me, and i still love it here. <3

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Been here for soon to be 2 years. I have no mind to leave. ;)

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Ditto, Benjamin. :)

Miss Moose ♥

Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Love The Moose.

Dedicated Member

August 2007
I come back cause the people are awesome, and it's the best place to go for codes. I'm staying. ;D I'm pretty sure if I ever did leave, it's because the place shuts down. Or That I forget about the place. But I probably won't forget it. Hard to forget when MSN contains Fredy :P Otherwise I probably won't leave.

Last Edit: Feb 6, 2009 21:30:18 GMT by Miss Moose ♥

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I'm still here. I am unactive sometimes cause of life business, but for the most part, I am here fairly consistently. :P
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I was planning on harassing everyone who ended up becoming inactive in this topic when I made it, but I guess I should take the more positive route and give some kudos to those of you who've stuck around.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
And how could you harrass them if they aren't here? XD
k

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Active. xD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
He'd hunt them down. He has connections.

---

what keeps you coming back, and do you think you'll stay? If not, why? Life is unpredictable, but what would make you voluntarily leave a forum?

I keep coming back for who knows what reason.... But I must say, my dedication to this place has paid off in the long run, and even in more than just having a virtual community to be proud of... 'cause that's kinda lame in the long run. :P

And what would make me leave? Fredy not being annoying. It's a sign of the apocalypse. :P

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
I usually don't leave any particular forum. If I leave I leave ProBoards in general. All in all I've had a shady track record at this forum. I left and came back quite a bit and I don't even have all that many posts.

But I love the staff here now, and I love that this forum isn't up its own arse like some places on ProBoards.

On a sidenote, wtf is up with that beastly 12k+, Chris? Damn.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lmao at your "being up its own arse comment" XDD

That definitely made me laugh out loud. lol :P
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
There were ~9 people who posted in the previous topic who aren't here now for the most part. I didn't count people who said they weren't active to begin with.

We'll see what the summer results will be (provided of course that I'm able to make the topic).

newBookmarkLockedFalling