Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
Hey guys..

i'm making a "brainstorming" script... that basically takes a random string of words and makes them into a brainstorm.

i know its not politically correct to say brainstorm anymore but i don't care lol....

I'm using django as the base structure within this but i'd rather do the dynamic section with javascript... preferably ajax but i need something that's cross browser too... and IE being gay and all... well you know the story..

anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
So in other words you need help with a cross-browser AJAX?
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Err.... can you give an example of what exactly you're trying to accomplish and what you need help with? Even I'm confused by what you said Neil. :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
lmfao well thats a first chris...

well i haven't started anywhere yet... i just want a kick up the arse in the right direction really lol

i don't know what the politically correct term i'm thinking for brainstorm now... thought cloud? something like that

basically the information is going to be extracted into an array... that array should then be randomized and output into a thought cloud....

like this

but not with the scrappy writing... but i want it to look good too hence the reason for the ajax...

Paladin

Paladin Avatar
www.welikezombies.com

Official Member

December 2008
That sounds like some borderline Terminator AI stuff. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, I don't see how AJAX is as necessary... to accomplish that, you've got two ways.... GD or HTML dynamic positioning (with CSS). My suggestion is GD since you (at least used to) seemed skilled in it last I checked. :P

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
Chris Avatar
Well, I don't see how AJAX is as necessary... to accomplish that, you've got two ways.... GD or HTML dynamic positioning (with CSS). My suggestion is GD since you (at least used to) seemed skilled in it last I checked. :P

i can't use GD i'm using python lol... django is a python framework...

i suppose i could do it in PIL which is python's version of GD... but i have noooooo idea lol....

just seeing if it would be easier with js is all

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Oh, whoops. Haha. Forgot you mentioned that. Yeah, your best bet is PIL or to just make the Python generate the HTML positioning for the elements. The only way I could really see JS being TRULY helpful is to readjust the positioning based on font-size since it varies by browser and operating system.

newBookmarkLockedFalling