Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29127742/

Not your average threat of "I hate my teacher so I'll sue the school"

Personally, I think this is discrimination against gays and they should be ashamed.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
that is sad. My school has a gay-straight alliance, with no problems.
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Andrew McGivery Avatar
that is sad. My school has a gay-straight alliance, with no problems.

Yeah but you live in Canada...
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
It's surprising that they say no to the club while it is so heavily promoted elsewhere.

Personally, I think the club is stupid anyway and it's sad to see people waste their time on such stupid stuff.

But the school has no right to say no to clubs solely on the basis of the subject matter as long as that subject matter is not promoting hate, etc. Now if the school refused to provide funding, I'm all for that. It's up to the school to decide which clubs get funding and frankly, GSA is not worthy of a fund (neither are most clubs).

I love it when High Schools get sued. Most HS administration has their heads up their own asses. I hate them all.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Spektral Avatar
It's surprising that they say no to the club while it is so heavily promoted elsewhere.

Personally, I think the club is stupid anyway and it's sad to see people waste their time on such stupid stuff.

But the school has no right to say no to clubs solely on the basis of the subject matter as long as that subject matter is not promoting hate, etc. Now if the school refused to provide funding, I'm all for that. It's up to the school to decide which clubs get funding and frankly, GSA is not worthy of a fund (neither are most clubs).

I love it when High Schools get sued. Most HS administration has their heads up their own asses. I hate them all.

While I don't agree with most of your post, I do agree that they need to let them have the club.

newBookmarkLockedFalling