Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Got the chance to play through an hour's worth of RE5 yesterday. I like it

but

What's with the inventory system? I get that they wanted to immerse you more compared to breaking up the action with using your attache case in RE4, but it sucks. 9 slots? are you serious. If it's upgradable I stand corrected.

There's also less ammo around and less you can take, which might get your interest if you're a classic RE fan. I also wonder if they could've made Chris's arms any bigger. He takes up the entire screen.

No merchant either, but that's a personal issue I'll deal with. Other than that the action is the same so it's all good.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
.....i wanna play it :(

-needs a friend with a 360 or ps3 who's willing to bring it over and leave it here for a few weeks- :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I haven't played it yet, but I've only heard good things so far. >.<

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
No merchant O_o.

Plus I liked the system from before with the inventory, I understand it wouldn't work in co-op, but if they could have it for single player it'd rock. I was playing the demo, and shooting the chainsaw guy with a shotgun from far away just wasted ammo, but if i stuck with the pistol he'd get me everytime. I'd try switching guns when he got near, but I didn't have enough time.

richardgary1223
Lol.. I wish I had a 360 ... But I have RE 4!

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
crazynarutard Avatar
.....i wanna play it :(

-needs a friend with a 360 or ps3 who's willing to bring it over and leave it here for a few weeks- :P

I'll play it with you whenever I get it on my 360.

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I got it when it came out on the 13th and beat it on Veteran my first run through. Boy is it amazing. and the new inventory isn't as bad as you think it is. Its smaller, but the items only take up one square, unlike in RE4 where say the Sniper would take up like half the box so its really not all that bad. And you have a seperate inventory in Item Management if u don't wanna carry something with you. I think one of the best things about RE5 so far is Mercenaries, its so fun on Co-Op. And in a few weeks Capcom's releasing DLC for an online Team Slayer/Versus Game mode and i'm really pumped for that too!

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
Sasuke Avatar
I got it when it came out on the 13th and beat it on Veteran my first run through. Boy is it amazing. and the new inventory isn't as bad as you think it is. Its smaller, but the items only take up one square, unlike in RE4 where say the Sniper would take up like half the box so its really not all that bad. And you have a seperate inventory in Item Management if u don't wanna carry something with you. I think one of the best things about RE5 so far is Mercenaries, its so fun on Co-Op. And in a few weeks Capcom's releasing DLC for an online Team Slayer/Versus Game mode and i'm really pumped for that too!

Lol I'm sorry but no way the versus will be in any way as fun it is on other games, think about how slow you move, turn, lack of a good cover system, ect. There's a reason the enemies in RE5 and 4 are so slow.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Maybe it takes some getting used to.

But you can't use things like herbs straight from the ground or combine them. You have to put it in your inventory which is just frustrating if you don't have the room.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
the item box can be a pain in the ass when you're playing alone, with a buddy it's a little easier though. Would still like a few more inventory spaces =P
Finished the game last night. Pretty much RE4 with Co-op and sexier graphics :P. Still think RE4 was better though.

richardgary1223
This game is awesome! :D I should have a 360. =[

newBookmarkLockedFalling