Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Hey. I'm looking for a solid DB abstraction layer and a good ORM. I've looked at Doctrine and at the pear options, but I really need it to be a platform-independent solution that is pure PHP and doesn't use shell scripts or anything like that.

I started coding my own, but I figured that there has to already be something out there. So I'm just wondering what you guys use, or if you just use home grown solutions. If you have any good recommendations though, please post!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Is the built in PHP one not enough?

us3.php.net/manual/en/class.pdo.php

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Yeah it's not exactly a friendly API, at least I don't feel it is. Anything to say as far as ORM's?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Unfortunately, not really. >.< I mean, you could try phpBBs? They have a -decent- one for building queries... but you kinda have to do everything with functions, which is a huge pain. It's also open source, at least.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I is confused as to what you're talking about! :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Basically, he wants a PHP class (preferably/typically based on an abstract DB layer) that will let him easily manipulate any type of DB (MSSQL, MySQL, SQLite, etc.) without writing separate code... it'd take care of it for him.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
And the ORM (Object Relationship Mapping) is a way of performing queries without typing SQL and utilizing objects instead.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I use ADOdb for an abstraction layer. Not sure how well you'll like it though.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newBookmarkLockedFalling