Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
What kinds of rates are you charging for your freelance/contract work?

I used to do $25 an hour, but I thought it was kind of ridiculous to be getting paid the same amount that I am at my job, considering that my job is making a large margin off of what I do. So recently I bumped it up to $50, and I've been getting fairly consistent work with that rate. Enough to even leave my second job at the nightclub so that I have more time to work.

So, how 'bout ya'll?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I charge $30/hour for programming and $50/hour for designing.

Also at work, I get paid per project, usually $200-500 per. Most projects I do have about an hour turnover rate because it goes main designer > me > my boss, and I'm given 1-5 projects per day. In other words there are days where I make $2000 for touching up a design.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Benjamin Avatar
I charge $30/hour for programming and $50/hour for designing.

Also at work, I get paid per project, usually $200-500 per. Most projects I do have about an hour turnover rate because it goes main designer > me > my boss, and I'm given 1-5 projects per day. In other words there are days where I make $2000 for touching up a design.
How much are you averaging yearly?

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Where'd you get the work Eric? :-/

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Michael Avatar
Where'd you get the work Eric? :-/
I have a partner who gets some projects, but aside from that lots of word of mouth. I managed to meet some business owners at some of my jobs, so I get some work from them and people who they recommend me to.

Every once in a while I take on a project online, but it's harder for me to get because my non-employee portfolio is slim, whereas otherwise it's decent sized.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i've been recently charging for django development £12 which is roughly $20 which i'm just at start out so i believe thats reasonable for my self currently.

putting tags on freelance work has always been a weak point of mine and I know that i'm undercharging but thats just in experience i guess.

where would you guys say a good benchmark is for freelancing?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I've only really had one big commission. It was $500 for a 6 page site. I had to do all the coding and design work myself. That was 3 years ago and I barely could do more than write html so it was a pain in the ass. Probably averaged out to $25 an hour, I am thinking.

I have been putting my PSDs up for sale for $50 each lately though (or at least back when I was designing often. lol). I've sold one or two of those. I don't code them though so I guess that's pretty irrelevant. lol

Fredy Sucks Donkey Ass. Big. Donkey. Ass.

newBookmarkLockedFalling