Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

[lUkE]™

[lUkE]™ Avatar

October 2009
So I'm not a pro at coding yet so i need help with this one thing.
Now what i need help with is to get my code to get the tquick-reply bit? How do you do this?? 8-)

codercommunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

A site for coders and graphic designers. Also get your forum rated! More people see your forum that way! JOIN NOW AND ENJOY YOUR SELF! ;D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quite a few different methods. And the simplest depends on what you want to do.

For example, if you want to resize the posting textarea, then the easiest way is to just grab that box. Now, if you were wanting to add a row in the table containing the textarea, you'd need the table. For a beginner, grabbing the table with a loop is the easiest way. (For more advanced, I recommend grabbing the textarea and then the table. :P It's slightly faster.)

Which part do you want to grab? Knowing that, I can just throw together a quick peace of code and comment it so you can understand it.

[lUkE]™

[lUkE]™ Avatar

October 2009
Well I want to make text already be there, i'm putting a application form there. I can post what i have so far if you need it.

A site for coders and graphic designers. Also get your forum rated! More people see your forum that way! JOIN NOW AND ENJOY YOUR SELF! ;D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, wait, you want text to appear inside the box automatically?

And yeah, posting what you have could help.

[lUkE]™

[lUkE]™ Avatar

October 2009
This is what I have.

<script type = "text/javascript">
<!--
//Reply Text Based Application Form
//Made by [lUkE]™ © 2009

if (location.href.match(/thread=NUM/)) {

<html><body>Application Form Here</html></body>

}

//-->
</script>

Wormpolios told me this though:

this script would already be INSIDE the body, so you wouldnt be able to put <html><body> tags inside it.

next step would be to hide the existing posting form in order to show the form you want to have filled out. Then build your form using tables and display using document.write.

So basicly if someone can help me with what wormopolis has said that would be cool.

newBookmarkLockedFalling