Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
What do you think is the best Photoshop? Right now I'm using Gimp, what about you?

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
CS4 or Gimp. I'm actually kind of tied between the two.... Even though CS4 definitely cost's a heck of a lot more.... It basically just depends on what else I'm doing at the time.

Last Edit: May 11, 2010 17:30:39 GMT by Aryna

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Aryna Avatar
CS4 or Gimp. I'm actually kind of tied between the two.... Even though CS4 definitely cost's a heck of a lot more.... It basically just depends on what else I'm doing at the time.

This.

I actually prefer Gimp to CS4 in most things, but for certain aspects of photo manipulation I do prefer CS4 and it's extra features. That, and when I mess with hue/sat/etc. and levels and curves or whatever, Gimp has this annoying habit of crashing. CS4, obviously, doesn't do that.

So, yeah P: For most things, Gimp <3 For stuff that makes Gimp crash, CS4.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
CS5. It's nearly the same as PS7 so I wouldn't even recommend upgrading via torrents since that'll just waste your time.
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Toshiru Avatar
CS5. It's nearly the same as PS7 so I wouldn't even recommend upgrading via torrents since that'll just waste your time.

Plus it's illegal.

I use CS5 and love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
And could while it is safer than regular downloads, could infect your computer with a virus. Plus, it's so much better to just borrow the cd from a friend.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Benjamin Avatar
Toshiru Avatar

Plus it's illegal.

I really hate you Ben. I would kill to have my photoshop back, let alone CS5. I didn't really mind CS2 at all. But Pixelmator is a great cheap alternative. Like Aryna said, it's all up to what you're using it for.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Conor Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Plus it's illegal.

I really hate you Ben. I would kill to have my photoshop back, let alone CS5. I didn't really mind CS2 at all. But Pixelmator is a great cheap alternative. Like Aryna said, it's all up to what you're using it for.

And you're budget. Don't forget that. Budget, and comp. issues, are the only reasons I haven't upraded to CS5, plus, I'm fine with gimp and cs2/cs4 (depends on what computer I'm on) for what I do. Although, one of the classes I almost took this summer required CS4. And I do mean that. Not CS2 or CS3, or equivalent, cheaper software, but CS4 exclusively. That was the only reason I didn't take it. I didn't like that they forced you to use CS4.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
That sucks..

And yeah, I won't make the mistake of photoshop on a crap computer again. I lost it when it crashed. (Fuck you Windows.)

Tartarus

Tartarus Avatar

Official Member

June 2010
Well, I used to prefer gimp, and it still has some features that cs4 doesn't, but it's different file formats were kind of annoying aka it could open psd's but no layers, styles etc. I used to use photoshop cs4 on a P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 gig RAM, 128 mb gpu and a 140 gig HDD. It ran badly to say the least. Now it runs well on my new PC :)

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I sure do love Photoshop Elements 5 :'(

newBookmarkLockedFalling