Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I've been working on this one for a few days now. It's pretty much done, I just need to write an installation guide before I put it up for download. I might also make some menu buttons for it, but I think the defaults actually look pretty good here. This theme is aimed towards fan forums but can be customized for any forum type. Lemme lemme know what you think. Rate/hate/appreciate ;D

wimg.co.uk/ax0.png

Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010 1:46:59 GMT by Deko

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
i do recommend doing some menu buttons. Here is my Honest opinion. This might not be what some people think but this is what i think.

The whole menu bar looks horrible. I just don't like how it comes out from the board. It is the only part that looks 3D so it looks weird. You also need menu buttons. I never use a skin that doesn't have at least menu buttons.

The colors are ok. I wouldn't do those colors but they look ok with the theme. I would have actually built the skin from the Banner. I would have used similar colors for the rest of the skin. The black stuff doesn't fit with the banner as well to my eye. If i was going to make a black and white skin i would have the banner black and white not blueish. If i liked the blue banner i would make all the other colors close to it. I think the banner draws away from the skin.

The on/off and IC images look good but like i said they don't fit with the banner.

The Copyright might look better inside the boarder somewhere. It seems out of place were it is.

Over all i would give you

5/10 for the banner
2/10 for the coloring
1/10 for images
and an over all 3/10

This is a well made skin. People will most likely use it. But this is my honest opinion on it.
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
The thing about this skin is that it's highly customizable. I didn't base the colors around the banner because the skin allows you to use the existing banner from your forum. And it will round the corners for you. That way, someone installing the skin onto their forum can use the banner they already have. No extra editing involved. Also, the download includes 15 on/off icon sets. You choose the one that best suits your forum. I made the skin for anyone to use, not just fans of a specific color or forum type.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Ok take back most of what i said...

Looking at that color and image combination on the pic you posted i didn't like it. It still is most likely not a skin i would use but i think others might. Sounds like a cool idea.

May i ask how you get the banner to round without editing it?
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
It's kinda just a template, I made rounded edges using the background color like so: And applied them to the top two corners using html tables. The banner is then layered behind the rounded edges as the table background. There is a way to get the same effect using CSS and without the aid of corner images, but it only works in Firefox.

Thanks for your suggestions btw, I'll use some of them for a new preview once I've got the theme available for download. :)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I think it would be amazing if one of the options for on/off icons was "POW!" Just like in cartoons.

newBookmarkLockedFalling