Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

mikezbr

mikezbr Avatar

August 2010
Well since some people said they wanted to see some of my work in my introduction topic I'll release ONE thing I'm working on.

It's pretty much a remake of a clan site a friend of mine downloaded but since he knows I do graphics he asked if I could try to recreate it by hand and add my own style to it. So I started tonight....

This is what I've done so far...

i33.tinypic.com/261fbyq.png

And here's the original

i33.tinypic.com/sbilgx.png

The plan was to try and copy the header style as much as possible and then make up the website content myself, which is my next step in this project.

Some background on myself.... NO SCHOOLING WHAT SO EVER! I've learned how to work the in's and out's of photoshop on my own for the past 4 years...

C & C please?

Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010 3:44:42 GMT by mikezbr

mikezbr

mikezbr Avatar

August 2010
Yea just ignore those lines lmao. Just the overall design. :P

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
I like your header better. It's cleaner, more efficient, and more aesthetically pleasing.

And, yeah, I taught myself photoshop too, but now I'm finally taking some classes (webdesign) and finding that it's all pretty much just review.

mikezbr

mikezbr Avatar

August 2010
Aryna Avatar
I like your header better. It's cleaner, more efficient, and more aesthetically pleasing.

And, yeah, I taught myself photoshop too, but now I'm finally taking some classes (webdesign) and finding that it's all pretty much just review.

Yea that's what I really want to go to school for... ahaha I'd really like to learn forum tags/signatures... For some reason I'm just not able to create anything... -.- :o

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
mikezbr Avatar
Aryna Avatar

Yea that's what I really want to go to school for... ahaha I'd really like to learn forum tags/signatures... For some reason I'm just not able to create anything... -.- :o

If you want I can pm you my msn and yahoo, cuz' I might be able to teach you some of what we're learning.

mikezbr

mikezbr Avatar

August 2010
Here's an update on the content. It's probably going to need some php coding but the mid part is where "announcements" will go and it's planned to kinda be like a wordpress only without the ability for users to comment on it. More than likely they are going to have to go to an admin control panel and type up whatever they want to appear and post it.... (like a wordpress) Obviously the boxes around the announcements will re-size to the amount of Characters or text in it.

i53.tinypic.com/5nt0d2.png

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2010 5:27:35 GMT by mikezbr

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
I'm loving the new background, as well as the content inside the white insert. I do like the original buttons more though
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

GGoodie

GGoodie Avatar

August 2009
Yours is much better. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling