Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Very nice. :) Only thing I could suggest is making it so the image pops up in the same page when you click a gallery thumbnail.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Deko Avatar
Very nice. :) Only thing I could suggest is making it so the image pops up in the same page when you click a gallery thumbnail.

HTML/CSS only. I thought of a way I could do it using CSS, but it was too much work for a project I went above and beyond the expected turn-in on. :P

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
Text is WAY too big.

Fast, simple image hosting.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Which text? Other than the menu, the text is either 12 or 14px, the two most widely accepted font sizes for content.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
xcessive Avatar
Text is WAY too big.

I'd say that the area in which the text is contained is too small, not that the text is too big. The margin on the edges is about 10/15 pixels larger than it needs to be. The gap in-between each of the thumbnails also feels a little too large.

For a site like this, I'd also base the sizes off of the 960-grid system. By making the content itself fill up the 960 pixels of width, you'd give yourself more room, allowing more space for the text to spread out.

Also, this may just be a personal preference, but I think it would look a tad bit better if the logo and menu were on a black bar that stretches across the screen. I'd say just extend the height of the bar at the top to fill up the title/menu area as well. A bar that small will look kinda awkward when it's actually placed into the browser window anyway.
wat

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
Josh Avatar
Which text? Other than the menu, the text is either 12 or 14px, the two most widely accepted font sizes for content.

I mean in the menu and titles. 12/14pt is more widely accepted. You should be using relative font sizes for a site like this.

Fast, simple image hosting.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
No qualms apart from the ones already listed and the use of Arial Black font in the navigation titles.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quinine Avatar
No qualms apart from the ones already listed and the use of Arial Black font in the navigation titles.

It's Helvetica. :P My font choices at school are incredibly limited.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Josh Avatar
Quinine Avatar

Helvetica. Yes. *cough* I did say Helvetica didn't I? Well I meant it. *retreats to a corner*

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quinine Avatar
Josh Avatar

Helvetica. Yes. *cough* I did say Helvetica didn't I? Well I meant it. *retreats to a corner*

No worries, even typography experts have a hard time telling the difference. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling