Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, PB seems to be running a new ad campaign. I decided to check out all the ads, and here they are:

images.proboards.com/banners/ad1.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad2.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad3.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad4.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad5.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad6.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad7.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad8.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad9.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad10.png
images.proboards.com/banners/ad11.png

I think some of them are pretty clever. :P What do you guys think? Also, they aren't tracking which ads get the most clicks... I'm debating whether or not they understand advertisement. >.<

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Smart of them to run an ad campaign, I don't like most of them though. Ad11 is my favorite, even though it looks ridiculous with content around it.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
It encourages people to sign up for their own forum, which means even more ad views ($) for ProBoards.

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2011 22:48:52 GMT by Deko

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
#10 looks very stupid and just crap.
11 is the best of all, nto because of how empty it is, either. Purely because of them all it just looks better.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Deko Avatar
It encourages people to sign up for their own forum, which means even more ad views ($) for ProBoards.

True, but I see regular ads more than that, so It wouldn't make me sign up because of it.

There are people who don't know about ProBoards. Really, all they know about is that they're posting on a forum. Thus, by enlightening users about ProBoards' existence, then they might create their own. And before you call them idiots or something, there are tons of people like that. Most large PB forums (talking 100k+ members) have members who don't know what ProBoards is.

newBookmarkLockedFalling