Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
(xbox 360 btw)

I'm a fan of both FPS and Hack & Slash games. I especially love H&S, because they are really fast paced and it's full of action.

I've looked on google for games similar to Devil May Cry, but every page I load and check out, suggests/says the same games. Which are usually the following:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Dante's Inferno
Ninja Blade
Bayonetta
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Devil May cry (it suggests other, older versions, 3 + 4 typically)

There were other ones, such as Dynasty Warriors.

All of the above, I have or have owned and now got rid of.
Surely there must be more out there that are good?

Oh a couple of places do suggest umm.. Oh damn what's it called Dark something? Darksiders? Which I did try the demo for, and didn't like.
I have tried the demo too, for Castlevania, and it seemed alright, yet I dunno, kind of rubbish at the same time :-/

Now I have played DMC5, would getting and playing DMC 4 be something I possible wouldn't enjoy, because I am used to the setup and combinations etc for DMC5?

If it also helps, although not H&S, but a melee game never the less, I do love Prototype 1 +2.

TL;DR:
What games are similar to Devil May Cry 5? :P

Edit:
Just to note, I'm having a break from FPS, because they were essentially what I started playing as soon as I got my Xbox, and that was all I played (I liked to get my moneys worth :P).
The first year I think I played MW2, then I played Halo Reach for a year after that, then MW3 a year after that. So 3 years of pure FPS I want and need a proper break with action packed, pointless hack and slash :D

Last Edit: Apr 1, 2013 5:07:20 GMT by Stinky666

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
God of War if you can step outside the 360. Otherwise, Darksiders is another good one (there's a sequel, so depending on which one you played, you might like the other). Dynasty Warriors is similar, but not the same. It lacks the platforming and acrobatics. It's mostly mindless hack 'n' slash. Prince of Persia games are pretty sick, though they're not all the same (one of them is more of a puzzle platformer with very little emphasis on action, but the fighting is polished and fun nonetheless).

I'm trying to think of others, but honestly, the ones you listed are basically the main ones as far as modern games are concerned. Step back a few years and there's other games like Shinobi, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Klank, etc. Those aren't quite the same and some are more family friendly, but they're still killer games and offer similar satisfaction in the way of fast-paced platforming and action.

Edit: Onimusha, Rygar, and Genji. Also, Samurai Warriors and Devil Kings (if you decide that Dynasty Warriors is what you need and want more of the same). Possibly Dark Souls (I never played it myself). Dishonored. Metal Gear Rising. Any of these may or may not be what you're looking for.

Last Edit: Apr 1, 2013 6:43:00 GMT by Lucifer

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
God of War is another that comes on lists that I saw, but no way can I afford a PS3. :P
Onimusha is something I have about 3 of for the PS2, but they don't do it for Xbox 360, do they? I couldn't find anything anyway. It would be absolutely amazing if there was/is Onimusha for the 360.

I think it was Onimusha that got me into hack and slash before even getting a Xbox.
Rygar and Genji, both sound like Ninja names, so I will give them a check. Are they for the 360?

I tried the demo for Metal Gear Rising, and I thought I would love it but, I really didn't. Not sure why :-/

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Dark Cloud for PS2

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Genji is sort of a ninja/samurai game. Rygar isn't. It's more...uh...just look it up. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling