Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

valandil
Ok first of all I dno't know where this topic is appropriate, so... :P

Anyway, I put a simple CSS line of code on my forum.

background-attachment: fixed;

And it works to perfection in every browser except Firefox. The scrolling is so choppy its not even funny. Its always about a second late, and continues long after you stop moving the mouse.

I tried using the repeated image, then turning it into a whole 1000X1000 image to see if it helped, and it didn't.

It works fine in every other browser. Other have had this problem too. Is it the code? (Should I use something else) or is Firefox?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I tihnk its firefox, but can I get an example link?

valandil
Actually, I can't... unless you were to register. :P Its only for that individual theme.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
its firefox.. trust me.. the way firefox parses codes is completely different from the likes of IE and opera... etc...

firefox reads only compliant html and css, and forgets about the rest even if it seems to you that its compliant its probally not.. w3c is getting really strict on the compliancy of html.. use the css vailidator on the w3c site.. check its ok.. then try that...

:)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It may be Firefox, or it may be because Firefox runs the fixed background differently, which takes more power, and you may have some Marquee's and if you have the news fader, then the computer will slow down greatly.

newBookmarkLockedFalling