Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm posting this here, as opposed to other boards to see what you guys think about it, and since I'm not sure if the coders check other boards.

I'm thinking about adding a "Coding Projects" board. To be specific, sort of like the old ZD had, but its not just PB coding projects, its general.

Server side or client side, PB or CF, public or not. It'd be a forum for general discussion of upcoming codes, and to gather ideas and answer questions.

I just want to know a few things.
- Do you think its a good idea?
- Would you use it to display your own ideas?
- Would you comment on other people's ideas?

That's about it.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
this might bee a cool/good idea ttoo organize the coding section a little butt i dont think this is neeed because we can still use the coder's hangout.

yes, i wouldd display my ideas and givve other poeple ideas too.

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Yes. :P

Singular

Singular Avatar
v4 Studios :: Coming Soon

Dedicated Member

September 2005
Good idea. You should do it. :)

Yes, maybe, maybe.

Last Edit: Dec 23, 2005 14:25:49 GMT by Singular
Further Solutions :: Hosting :: Scripts :: Templates
furthersolutions.com

v4 Studios - Coming soon

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
No, they have the coder's hangout for that and looking at it now there are like 3 threads about projects. Not enough

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
yeah well maybe if people would take more interest on projects then more people will get involved... if you put it as a trial... if it doesn't work out then u can always take it down but i think its a good idea.. if more people can see the projects... (some people don't check the coders hangout much) but if they can see it on the main page it'll get more hits

Singular

Singular Avatar
v4 Studios :: Coming Soon

Dedicated Member

September 2005
crazyj said:
No, they have the coder's hangout for that and looking at it now there are like 3 threads about projects. Not enough
We could allways move them. :)
Further Solutions :: Hosting :: Scripts :: Templates
furthersolutions.com

v4 Studios - Coming soon

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
g0alieb0y said:
crazyj said:
We could allways move them. :)

ii think CJ meant that a board justt for that is useless and a waste beecause there are only 3 threaads for projects here.

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Actually there are 6.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That's the point however. If there's a board dedicated to it, more posts will be made about it.

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
exactly what i said... geez pay more attention people lol

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I'd have to say that I don't really like this idea, its kind of a waste. Not to mention that I don't think that more topics would be made if it were there. When people want idea, they post a topic here. People won't make projects or want ideas anymore just becaus a board is there.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I can understand that, but take for example "Video Games" and "Anime" sub-boards in the CC. There wouldn't be any posts if it wasn't for those boards. I'm applying the same theory, or a similar one to this.

And plus, if it doesn't work out, we can always remove it and merge the topics back into here.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
cddude229 said:
I can understand that, but take for example "Video Games" and "Anime" sub-boards in the CC. There wouldn't be any posts if it wasn't for those boards. I'm applying the same theory, or a similar one to this.

And plus, if it doesn't work out, we can always remove it and merge the topics back into here.

true... we sshould try this for a couple weeks nadd see what happens :)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
cddude229 said:

I see what your saying, but thats a type of general discussion, this depends on someone making stuff and wanting ideas :P.

newBookmarkLockedFalling