Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
CJ's on vacation, so Eric and I judged. Anyway, congrats to those who entered.

Ranking
1. Wonder
2. Zero Tolerance
3. Ross
4. Acoolie (Dropped)
5. A_leon (Dropped)

Wonder - 9/10
Skin Graft v1.0

Well, this code is quite amazing. Not sure how useful it'd be but its very good coding wise. For the length of the code, it is quite good. The only thing me and Eric took off a point for is the fact it limits you to 269 characters in your sig. He could of used the website field instead. That's pretty much it. Its a great code, and we couldn't find any bugs or errors

CD: 9/10
Eric: 9/10

Zero Tolernce - 7.5/10
Quick Reply and Edit (using Ajax)

Well, first off, this code uses Ajax and was submitted before Ross even stated or confirmed that Ajax has been banned from PB. So CJ and I allowed it because it was half-way through the contest when we found out.

Anyway, Eric's biggest complaint is that if you use this code, its slower then if you use the normal forms. When we looked through the coding, we notice a few things. First, he made every variable in functions global by not using "var". He also never ended his lines with ";". We allowed the second thing however because its his way of being rebelious. :P Anyway, the global thing dudcted some points from him, but his use of Ajax and prototyping in the code was fairly excellent.

CD: 7.5/10
Eric: 7.5/10

Ross - 6/10
Hack Manager

Well, this code would of been great, if it wasn't glitchy. =/ I never could get it to work and Eric got errors half the time. For example, on the "Add Hack" page, half the time it never finished loading the page (because he used a div with style="display: none;"). Whenever I went to save, it never saved. Anyway, the coding was very nice, and he used a function I didn't know existed and I believe Eric said he hadn't heard of it either. The function was "join" and is the same as "implode" in PHP. Anyway, its a great code besides it not always working, and he may have over used the DOM. :P

CD: 5/10
Eric: 7/10

So, congrats to Wonder on his win, and better luck next time to Ross and ZT (Assuming they compete again).

Wonder: PM me the banner of a forum you want shown. O_o Or if you don't have one, I guess I can give you a custom title or something. :P

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Good Job Wonder Congrajltions congraglations
Congrats

:P
Thanks, Kay!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
cddude229 said:
Wonder - 9/10
Skin Graft v1.0

Well, this code is quite amazing. Not sure how useful it'd be but its very good coding wise. For the length of the code, it is quite good. The only thing me and Eric took off a point for is the fact it limits you to 269 characters in your sig. He could of used the website field instead. That's pretty much it. Its a great code, and we couldn't find any bugs or errors

CD: 9/10
Eric: 9/10
I thought it was that it didn't work on the calendar page O_o

I tried JS injection to see if there was possibility that this could open up to an XSS attack. But since my attempts failed so many times I just gave up.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, that too. :P I forgot about that.

And about the calendar page (for when Wonder sees), he just forgot to load the thing that gets other user's skins.

Last Edit: Dec 30, 2005 23:43:06 GMT by Chris

Singular

Singular Avatar
v4 Studios :: Coming Soon

Dedicated Member

September 2005
Good job guys. :)
Further Solutions :: Hosting :: Scripts :: Templates
furthersolutions.com

v4 Studios - Coming soon

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
Yep very good job :) Congrats wonder! Just curious, when did you start coding because I only saw you are late this year in the PB coding boards but you seem way to advanced to have started at that time.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
cddude229 said:
Yeah, that too. :P I forgot about that.

And about the calendar page (for when Wonder sees), he just forgot to load the thing that gets other user's skins.
I don't think I even complained about the siggy length... :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I told you about it and you said something like "Well damn". You jsut seemed a little upset that it shortened it 131 characters. :P

ⓦ৹₪deⓡ

ⓦ৹₪deⓡ Avatar

Official Member

Male

November 2005
What? Don't I get a crown and a bouquet of roses? :P
The only thing me and Eric took off a point for is the fact it limits you to 269 characters in your sig. He could of used the website field instead. That's pretty much it. Its a great code, and we couldn't find any bugs or errors
I never liked using the website field. If the admin takes off my code, it would potentially screw up everyone's homepage link. If you couldn't find any bugs, then you didn't look hard enough. I'm pretty sure I left out the cell highlight for sub-boards, plus I didn't verify input, which will be corrected sometime next year. Plus, if the signature contained nothing but the skin info, I didn't remove the empty signature area.

The function was "join" and is the same as "implode" in PHP.
cough.. cough.. Apparently you didn't look at my code all that hard.
wonder.sitehacks.com/colorPicker.txt
line 42 >:(
and if you want to split a string into an array of individual characters, try stringObject.split("")

Just curious, when did you start coding because I only saw you are late this year in the PB coding boards but you seem way to advanced to have started at that time.
I started coding late last millenium. I took a Pascal class in ~1995. I had my handy-dandy TI-82 calculator in high school which let me practice with basic loops, variables, and such. I took a java class in college, but it was worthless. Javascript I really only used the basics until maybe a year or 2 ago. OOP is a pretty easy concept to grasp IMO, so learning all the advanced DOM stuff wasn't that hard. Plus good references never hurt.

And still no one says anything about the color picker... I've yet to see a decent, usable cross browser one ;) Oh well.
We all know I won because of the swim suit competition ;D
~Wonder

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
chickenturkeybacon said:
What? Don't I get a crown and a bouquet of roses? :P
The only thing me and Eric took off a point for is the fact it limits you to 269 characters in your sig. He could of used the website field instead. That's pretty much it. Its a great code, and we couldn't find any bugs or errors
I never liked using the website field. If the admin takes off my code, it would potentially screw up everyone's homepage link. If you couldn't find any bugs, then you didn't look hard enough. I'm pretty sure I left out the cell highlight for sub-boards, plus I didn't verify input, which will be corrected sometime next year. Plus, if the signature contained nothing but the skin info, I didn't remove the empty signature area.

cough.. cough.. Apparently you didn't look at my code all that hard.
wonder.sitehacks.com/colorPicker.txt
line 42 >:(
and if you want to split a string into an array of individual characters, try stringObject.split("")

Just curious, when did you start coding because I only saw you are late this year in the PB coding boards but you seem way to advanced to have started at that time.
I started coding late last millenium. I took a Pascal class in ~1995. I had my handy-dandy TI-82 calculator in high school which let me practice with basic loops, variables, and such. I took a java class in college, but it was worthless. Javascript I really only used the basics until maybe a year or 2 ago. OOP is a pretty easy concept to grasp IMO, so learning all the advanced DOM stuff wasn't that hard. Plus good references never hurt.

And still no one says anything about the color picker... I've yet to see a decent, usable cross browser one ;) Oh well.
We all know I won because of the swim suit competition ;D
~Wonder

We noticed that you didn't validate the input, but what we did spend about half an hour on was checking to see whether a user could use that info to do an XSS attack using a add-on code. :P

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Very well done indeed wonder. You have outcoded the best coders of Proboards (maybe?)

;)
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Hey just wondering (pun not intended) when did you start coding Wonder. I have never seen you around until recently and your kick butt.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
nate said:
Hey just wondering (pun not intended) when did you start coding Wonder. I have never seen you around until recently and your kick butt.

Wonder answered it in the long post above you ^ :D

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Oops my bad sorry.

newBookmarkLockedFalling