Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
1. How do you tell what is proboards "able" I have been reading javascript tutorials, but they look nothing like the codes used here, how can you tell if it will work for proboards

2. How do you make a hosting service in a nutshell.

Well, i forgot the last one sorry :P

Thanks, Kay!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
1. If it requires anything to be stored permanently, then JS can't do it for the most part. If its against the TOS, its "impossible". There are certain things, but eventually you'll learn the limitations of JS.

2. It takes years. Don't expect this to be any easy process.
First, learn Linux, and learn damn well. Second, learn to program. Some of this you might have picked up from bash or linux. But choose things like C, C++, and PHP/Perl. Third learn to use/manage Apache and MySQL. Fourth, learn internet security, otherwise your hosting service is dead.

Or you could just rent a reseller account from another hosting service, and they will do certain things for you, and can give you help along the way.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
1. How do you tell what is proboards "able" I have been reading javascript tutorials, but they look nothing like the codes used here, how can you tell if it will work for proboards.

Eric kinda said some stuff about this but I just wanted to add to it. Well JavaScript modifies how the page looks through other info that you get from the page. So you can say (in javascript) that if... umm if there's a cell that matches this string "markasread", then that cell.style.display = 'none', which means that well, it'll be hidden. And that cell that matches the markasread string happens to be the bar in the main page under the boards. So now if you do that same thing to a normal HTML page, it would only work if there was a cell that matches "markasread."

2. WELLLLLLLLL I wouldn't open a hosting service yet, because servers cost like $3000 and you have to buy new ones when they burn out. It's a waste of money (although you get plenty if you sell a lot). Ask Yami, he owns mfhosting so he probably knows a lot about these things. Actually he told me a lot yesterday... *grins* *hacks into server* lol.

newBookmarkLockedFalling