Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006
i'd have to say...i like PB better...
you can chage your name!!!!! nothing on IF beats that... :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You just need a simple code to do that on IF.

I personally have no real preference, as I havn't used IF enough to get an idea about it.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Coding-wise they both have their advantages. I think it's easier to code on proboards. Making admin-editable and profile-editable codes it a no-brainer on proboards.
On Invision free it's just a pain in the arse.

On the other hand, you can use iframes and Ajax on invision free. I think they don't care too much about their servers because they have mysql databases which are faster, and Proboards uses cgi which is far slower so the server has to work harder.

But I've done my proboards coding, it was one hell of a ride. Now I'm expirimenting with invision free because I can use Ajax there. It's just to expand my knowledge really.

Zelnen

Zelnen Avatar
Javascriptin'

Official Member

June 2006
I prefer IF. The page source is laid out so much nicer. I guess it's because i'm used to it. But i'm not really fond of the look of proboards, and i don't like the ACP much. Meh so i voted IF

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
i've tried both and i like proboards better because i find it easier to customize skins and the coding jsut seems to be alot easier. IF doesn't have its advantages i must say though, but i jsut prefer pb.
k

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006
cddude229 said:
You just need a simple code to do that on IF.

err...i meant user changable...without them asking the admin to do so...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
In that case, not simple, but its possible. ;) I may just do it as one of my next codes.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
zelnen said:
I prefer IF. The page source is laid out so much nicer. I guess it's because i'm used to it. But i'm not really fond of the look of proboards, and i don't like the ACP much. Meh so i voted IF

The ACP of proboards is what I like the most compared to Invision free's. You can access it freely when you're logged in as a admin, but on invision free you need to re-login and then have this long code in the url >.>

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
I'm registered on like 4 or 5 IF forums, and I have to say I prefer PB a LOT better. It seems more... erm, I dunno the word for it, simpler? Easier? roomy? than IF, and more customizable, IMO.

Dn107xc

Dn107xc Avatar
Hm.. Yeah!

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Yeah, PB is easier. IF is a lot more confusing.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Only thing I like about IE is they give you more access to the source.... makes it extremely helpful and much easier.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
cddude229 said:
Only thing I like about IE is they give you more access to the source.... makes it extremely helpful and much easier.

.......We're talking about Proboards and Invision Free, not Internet Explorer :P

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
They're both even,I've coded on both.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
IF* :P Shut it CJ.

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
haha Chris :P Does anyone have a screenshot or can explain briefly what the ACP for IF looks like? I've never seen one, just was wondering... 'cause some of you say it's more confusing than PB.

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling