Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Hello all >.>

Once again, I am working on a game in DarkBasic. (The Theme Park simulator I may come back to.) This one is really coming along nicely though. It is an FPS. But its really more of an engine. I have a beta of a Level Creator that saves files that load into the actual game.

The levels are premade first in DeleD Lite. They are then loaded into my Level Creator. That is where you make the player start point, enemies, and the winzone. You then save the file as *.dkf. Then the *.dkf file is parsed into my game and ran.(This is sill being worked on, about halfway done with parsing the file) Here are some screenshots:

Note: These are just basic levels for testing purposes only.

The Game

The Level Editor

*The pink cubes are selected enemies in which you can move the selected enemies all at the same time. Green cube is player start point, yellow is the winzone, red are enemies.

As I make progress, I will be posting some updates on here.

Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007 1:57:52 GMT by fireindy

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Sexy. O_o You really should finish this project (or make a releasable version for fun). It'd be quite awesome. :)

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Oh, dont worry, Ive been working crazy hard on this. I think I may release a version of what I have so you can just see what it is like. You will just be able to walk around, and thats it. I have some bugs to sort out first. I may release a video soon to. Depends. :)

What do you guys want first? :)

Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007 1:00:49 GMT by fireindy

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Video first probably, since it'll be faster, as well as build up more excitement. :P

Nonetheless, very sexy.

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Ok, I am currently uploading a video to my site. So a preview will be up shortly.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Sounds good. :)

Also, have you made sure you can't walk through walls and stuff? :P Collisions are one commonly overlooked thing.

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Yah, collision is down, except one little bug that I have yet to figure out, but Im sure Ill kill the bug <.<

Almost done uploading. :)

Im gonna get a vid up soon, I just gotta get the right format and host :)

Last Edit: Nov 17, 2007 3:11:57 GMT by fireindy

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Ok VIDEO TIME :)

(wmv)
www.zippyvideos.com/7406678857321136/the_game/

or

(avi)
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5486776450684305829&hl=en

Ok, I had to save it as a WMV, because it was the smallest file size, and gave me the least trouble. Sorry if it doesnt look great. But at least you can see whats goin on.

O and I say "showing my game off" in the beginning, not to sound rude, i didnt mean what it sounds like.

Last Edit: Nov 17, 2007 15:22:59 GMT by fireindy

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Demonstrating your game? :P

Anyways, looks good. :) Hopefully later the win zone can be semi-transparent or something so that we can see through to the other side just in case.

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Oh, the winzone will be invisible actually. Thats as far as I got in file parsing, though, thats why it is visible.

But comments, critiques of it so far? Anything you want to see implemented?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, we need to understand more in the direction of where you're going with your program before we can really comment and give suggestions.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i'll have to view it tomorrow i having some problems with my computer at the moment. but by the pics it looks good

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
Ok, well what happens:

The level editor saves a *.dkf file
The game parses each file.
After each level is done, the next one is loaded(not done yet)

Ill probably release the editor to the public too. After the engine is done, I can work on a storyline for the game.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Will it actually be a shooter game (like the thread title says), or will it just be a puzzle game?

fireindy

fireindy Avatar

Official Member

May 2007
cddude229 said:
Will it actually be a shooter game (like the thread title says), or will it just be a puzzle game?

It will be a shooter game, but Im gonna try to make it not just run and gun. Hopefully there will be some small puzzles. Something to keep the game moving along.

newBookmarkLockedFalling