Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
For all those members who have known me for a long time: I am not the type of guy who rants often. But after seeing this incident, and a few others. I cannot bear to hold these comments any longer....

About the merge
I thought the merge would go well, I thought Prox. had sorted it out, but he did not.

It is very disappointing to see such wonderful members leave the Studio. It's sad that you guys had to leave because of this merge, although I respect your views I have one strong disagreement about one aspect that you guys compared the Studio: the government

Just like the government. It rips the culture appart peice by Peice.
This one was a big peice.

For those to hate Studio Zero for no apparant reason

We are simply 2 guys who has worked hard at a proboards skin and opened the forum. Look, the Studio started with only 2 ordinary teenagers with the same ambition to work on a long term project. For 2 months, we have coded, worked tried to "perfect" the Studio to stand out from the crowd.

I am stressing the "2 guys" remark. Because we haven't thought of acquiring any staff until now for the Studio as the demand had grown in a exponential rate. CD and I did not expect the studio to get at least 150 unique hits per day with more than 300,000 page loads since last week.

If you think we are a graphics forum wanna be. We are a graphics forum! If we are a wannabe, why would CD and I work our ass off for 2 months on a website like this to stand out from the crowd?

I am not the guy who is easily aroused to situations like this, but I am sure that this is getting out of hand. CD and I built a forum for 2 months secretly with a huge ambition to stand out from the crowd and this is what we get?!

I've been in PWP for 3 years...yes! 3 years. I left proboards because it had let me down! Heaps. But when I had made the studio with CD I thought all would go well, at least we will have a glint of hope to get reconized..but nooo.

I am open to all suggestions and comments, just post them in the feedback and suggstions board. Even if you hate SZ, tell me why! You can say how bad SZ is in that board and I will not be intimidated! The least I can do is reason with you and discuss this with you with respect.

For those who hate SZ just because we're ~ "all so great, so mighty, so omipotent" ~ or simply just pure jealousy: Shame on you.

Last Edit: Sept 7, 2005 19:32:28 GMT by Team Studio

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Well said Xy, don't let a select few get you angry about anything, this place is doing fine and your work is appreciated!

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
jamie85 said:
this place is doing fine

Just picked up on something there, this place is good, but it's definately not doing fine at the moment, SZ needs to do something, for more on this see my thoughts thread here:-

studiozero.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=suggest&action=display&thread=1126195042&page=1

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I read that, and I think that maybe you should just go and focus on your forum and let this forum get on with what it is doing. ;)

It's not like this place is completely dead and there are still quite a few members who visit here daily. Remember, this place hasn't been open long and there is plenty of time for it to grow and get more active.

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Yes, but the activity burst it had was massive. If this forum could have brought exciting things to the members while they were in the novelty stage of SZ - they may have stuck around longer.

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
So what exactly does PC do to get so much activity (that's how you're making it sound). It can't be something super special that no other forum can do, so what is it?

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Competitions, Helping with images for PC, many things. When they have some to do involving PC, if they get into it they aren't going to leave. You have to keep your members with things to do. But thats going off-topic, so dont reply about this again. ;)

PM me if you wish to talk with me further.

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2005 16:14:42 GMT by Proxima Centauri

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
My last say is that it must be something more than that, as I rarely enter the compos on GFX sites anyway. I stay in the general talk most of the time!

Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Well, thats you, not a forum memberbase. PC is working, but again, do not post about this here as it's off-topic and can be classed as spam. However, feel free, to pm me.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Hmm, I'm glad that things are all cleared up, this would be moved to the archive as a memoir.

Thank you. ;)

newBookmarkLockedFalling