Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It has been quite a while since the last update, so here we go. After quite a bit of planning, Scorpian and I decided it was time for some changes to the board layout in the coding section. The new layout mainly deals with the sub-boards that were used, but I find that the new layout will be less confusing to members looking for codes. Here's a summarization of what was done:

1. Some board names and descriptions were changed to be clearer and more descriptive since they were quite bad originally. Nothing too major overall.

2. Open Source is now a sub-board of Coders' Hangout to prevent confusion that has arisen in the past. Some people had tried to use Open Source snippets in the past on their forum thinking they were codes. Since this is not the case, I moved them to a location that they're less likely to accidentally stumble across.

3. Code Tutorials is now a sub-board of Coders' Hangout. I moved this since it is not really a collection of codes (and thus doesn't belong as a sub-board of Code Storage.) It also seems to fit well together with Open Source, thus they make a great pair as sub-boards.

Scorpian and I put a good amount of planning into this change and decided this was the best layout for now. :) If you guys have any further suggestions, feel free to post them or PM me or another staff member.

Also, expect to see quite a few more updates around the forum in the next few weeks as we begin to lead up to v3. ;)

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
cddude229 said:
Scorpian and I put a good amount of planning into this change and decided this was the best layout for now.

Now that made me laugh. :D

Seriously though, way simpler and much better. Hurray for supporting the noobies! ;D
wat

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
scorpian8867 said:
Hurray for supporting the noobies! ;D

You'll be in my heart forever.

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
^^Hahah, I second that. Looks awesome guys, you did an amazing job ;)

richardgary1223
WOW, I like this site very much, for its quality!

newBookmarkLockedFalling