Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
The number of threads made nearly anywhere in Studio is quite low, compared to the post rate, which is significantly high.

Just a thought.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Unfortunately, it's true. =/ It's one of those things we're trying to change, but are unsuccessful in. Also, it's because we'll get some threads that are extremely popular. For example, the Clear Sight RPG thread as about 12 pages in 4 weeks.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Well, I seriously don't think the popularity of specific threads is a problem. In my opinion, that's great. However, that may be also a case where the rest of the threads are becoming unpopular, but that's not what's happening right now, seeing that the active members are posting at all the threads frequently.

I'll personally try to make more topics in the Chillout Board, but am frankly disappointed at the Critique Board, where there isn't anything new left to commentate on.

On the bright side, even though the post rate is higher, majority of the posts aren't 100% spam, so that's a thumbs up to everyone. ;)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yeah, I know I've been trying to make more posts in the Convention Center (not Chillout :P ;)), but I can only make so many before I'm reduced to making threads about just myself that no one can contribute to anyway. The idea is to get all the members to make more posts, but it's hard.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
lucifer said:
Yeah, I know I've been trying to make more posts in the Convention Center (not Chillout :P ;)), but I can only make so many before I'm reduced to making threads about just myself that no one can contribute to anyway. The idea is to get all the members to make more posts, but it's hard.

Gah, same things. Convention. Tavern. Chillout. Pub. :P

Yeah, I see what you're getting at on making more threads individually. I think this problem would change if everyone else made an effort to create "interesting" threads and continuously keep on responding to the threads in a fast rate.

Also, since it's part of the Convention Center, I wanted to add that the Gaming board is taking quite a downfall.

To be honest, I don't think Studio is attracting many members, which is a major factor due to why this is happening, but this will probably change when v2 comes out. :)

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
yea i have noticed this. i will be glad to help you guys out as much as i can. i know some things with Flash so i can offer a bit of Flash support.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
aznx said:
Also, since it's part of the Convention Center, I wanted to add that the Gaming board is taking quite a downfall.

To be honest, I don't think Studio is attracting many members, which is a major factor due to why this is happening, but this will probably change when v2 comes out. :)

Hey is that a shot at me? Huh? Let's go.

Nah, you've got a point. But when SZv2 comes out, there's going to be a lot of activity. The key is gonna be how to keep it going afterwards, and that's what we should be talking about now.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
shadowyone said:
aznx said:

Hey is that a shot at me? Huh? Let's go.

Nah, you've got a point. But when SZv2 comes out, there's going to be a lot of activity. The key is gonna be how to keep it going afterwards, and that's what we should be talking about now.

That is exactly what we're talking about. In order to "keep it going," the thread rate rate needs to increase, and even though SZv2 will definitely attract newer members, there is a much greater chance that the post rate will increase even further, but not the thread rate, which is the key point I'm making, and because so SZ is just losing a bunch of activity from all the members which is happening because of the inflation of the posts against the number of threads made.

newBookmarkLockedFalling