Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Why don't you guys have a board : Forum Games where people get make threads that are really fun :)

Mancer

Mancer Avatar

Official Member

April 2007
I feel most of them are kinda pointless, and it's a only a way for people to up their post count, which in itself is lame. *Read this.[/url] I guess if they really wanted to they could make a new board for it and disable post counts from increasing when people post, again not that post counts matter.
I'm starting this revolution: This is my sandbox, y'all just dig'n.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Yeah , you could also do that . but if u would see that most forums have this board and it brings up some activity to the forum .... No offense to SZ .

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well we've had the board before and it failed, miserably. This was brought up a few months ago too by Slip, and we denied it then. Activity has picked up some...but I've seen boards with even more activity than us and their game board isn't exactly jumping. So I'll have a chat with Chris.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Once we get the new staff sorted, I guess we can give the board another try. It'd end up frequently being cleaned of unactive threads (to not disrupt the truth of our activity/total posts) and post counts would be disabled to prevent people from posting there only to raise their post count.

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Yeah ok , thanks again guys :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Just wanna add a little something 8-)

Everyone needs a board such as Forum Games, whether it is with or without posts disabled. Why? Not because ti brings activity, but because it allows members to just let off that little bit of "spam" (controlled spam though).

dodz

dodz Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Here's the idea I gave to Kay:
Instead of forum games, have a 'weekly talk show' which each week is hosted by a different member of staff, so that member of staff makes thier talk show thread in the board, and in it it's basically a no topic chat. So it can spiral off into almost anything, and it's not totally pointless, like forum games.

last.fm | Off Topic Forum | Coming Soon: Resist The System

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
But i wanted to post my Hot or Not game, damn you.
Good idea though.

dodz

dodz Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Hot or not should have it's own board. <3

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Forum Games are fun if (with post counts disabled) there's a lot of variety - Survivors, Quizzes, Crosswords, Madlibs, Hangman... Dunno but It could be fun to let off some steam at times. :)

dodz

dodz Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
How about a board called 'Fun' or something and in it, there's jokes, forum games, quizzes, links to cool things, comps etc. but I think limit it to 3 forum games at a time, which would be stickied until they reach say, 100 replies each then replaced.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
o I like it :) sticky 3 till they grow - yes yes neat idea. that way we can control what games run. This could be made a subboard inside cc.

dodz

dodz Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Yah it sounds like a great idea. :)

RS

RS Avatar

Dedicated Studio Member

February 2007
Yeah , we should do it :P , If that is ok with the staff :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling