Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Well, thought I'd like to share this with a few people, who've been asking ;)

Simple Abstract PSP for newbs :P

Not sure what versions of PSP this works it, but it works in PSPX, i know.

1. Open a new 400x400 Image, transparent background.
2. Select the "Preset Shape Tool" (or click P on your keyboard)
3. In your toolbar, select the "Ink Blot" shape.
4. Set your foreground to trasparent (click the circle with a line through it below the palette) and set your background to a color of your liking, I'm going to use black (#000000)
5. Draw the inkblot shape on your layer, make it average size.
6. DO NOT DELSELECT. Immediately after you have drawn it, press "V" on your keyboard, or click the "Pen Tool" on your toolbar.

This should make 'nodes' appear around your Ink blot. (those gray squares) What's a 'node'? Well, I don't really have an exact definition, but I know what it allows you to do :P It lets you stretch and bend the image, to create a new shape. Try it, click a node, and drag it outward to the edge of the screen. See what it does?

Now, if you just click on a node, you will notice an arrow appear. Click the head of the arrow (the > part) and click and drag it in any direction.

Ahhh, now we're getting somewhere ;)

It's pretty much your call from here on, just twist and bend the image in any way. If you happen to deselect, press "K" then "v" on your keyboard and the nodes should apper again ;) Here's what I did:

- END OF TUTORIAL -
(C) Slightly Insane by Smangii

*Dan!

*Dan! Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
You can do that with the pen tool itself, and accualy much more. :P

~dan
G101 Designs

Jin Oh

Jin Oh Avatar

August 2008
This is good. I was looking for this for GIMP but I realized I could use PSP instead. I'm still a noob at PSP, but I master GIMP

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jin Oh Avatar
This is good. I was looking for this for GIMP but I realized I could use PSP instead. I'm still a noob at PSP, but I master GIMP

Use your uber skills to make ti work in GIMP then too. =o There's bound to be a way to easily convert it.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Woah, 2yrs old =O

newBookmarkLockedFalling