Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Though I'm a bit late in getting one, I finally obtained a Nintendo GameCube a few days ago. Now, the only game I have so far is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, but I'm looking for some more games to get. I don't know which ones, though. Here are some I've been thinking of:
  • Zelda: The Wind Waker
  • Resident Evil 4
I like RPG's the best, but anything is fun.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for games to get that are already released. ;)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Super Smash Bros. Melee - A classic!
Mariokart Double Dash - A very fun and addicting game.
Timesplitters - Either 2 or 3(Future Perfect).
Pikmin - Either one is fine, both are fun games.
Animal Crossing - Junkies only wish cocaine was as addictive as this game.

That's all I can think of for now. I don't own a Gamecube myself, but have played all of those games and they're awesome and would highly reccommend them.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well, to start you off, here's the list of games I own. Not all of them are GCN-exclusive, but whatever.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Spider-Man: The Movie
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Spider-Man 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Tales of Symphonia
F-Zero GX
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Soul Calibur II
Resident Evil 4
X-Men Legends
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Metroid Prime

Here's a topic listing some good exclusives:

Anyway, even though I don't own these, I could recommend them anyway (some of them are mentioned in the topic):

Geist
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Metroid Prime 2
Skies of Arcadia: Legends (good luck if you can find it anywhere, since I can't)
Resident Evil remake
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (can't find the first one anywhere)
Lost Kingdoms 1/2
Ikaruga
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

There are some others, too. I didn't really like Battalion Wars at all, but you could try it out. Chibi-Robo came out recently, and it looks weird but I still want to try it. You could try Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (and I think Magical Melody is coming out soon), but I think if you want a sim Animal Crossing is the way to go (just don't use cheats; I ruined my experience by using them).

Yoot Saito's Odama comes out in April, and both Kirby, Baten Kaitos II, and Zelda: TP are scheduled to come out sometime this year.

Viewtiful Joe is another game you could try (out on PS2 now, but that was a port), and Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II was a launch game that just came to mind for some reason. The Super Monkey Ball series was also something I never got around to trying (think those have been ported, too).

Well, I don't really know where I'm going with this anymore. Just look through my collection, the games I've listed, that topic I linked to, and if you're still looking for more, you could always browse through here:

www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/

If you want to start with the best of the best, though, get games like Wind Waker, RE4, SSBM, Metroid Prime, etc. If you're looking for RPG's, start with Tales of Symphonia, and then you could move on to stuff like Paper Mario: TTYD, SoA:L, BK, Fire Emblem: PoR, and whatever else.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Last Edit: Feb 21, 2006 23:31:54 GMT by Ess Ohh

Alcadiaz

Alcadiaz Avatar

Official Member

February 2006
Tales of Symphonia,
Paper Mario 2,
Animal Crossing,
Shadow the Hedgehog,
Zelda the Four Swords Adventures,
Soul Calibur 2,
Super Smash bros Melee,
Super Mario Strikers,
Mario Super Star Baseball.

That's about all I can think of for the moment. There are probably alot more good ones.

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Woo. Long lists.

Thanks for the information. I'm off to find more games.

XD

anubis2591

anubis2591 Avatar
I'm a cat.

Official Member

September 2005
Just for your information you can't find The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition in stores. It was a promotion by Nintendo that you could get if you sent the registration code of so many games in a certain time. So you can't find any new copies. Also it's not for resale so you probably won't find it in a used games section.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Good point, but I just wanted to post my collection for him to look through. I bet you could find it used online somewhere, but you're right, not a new copy.

And I got it by subscribing to Nintendo Power, since I didn't have three of the games that were on the list.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
You got good games. Gamecube has a lot of good games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and RE4.

newBookmarkLockedFalling