Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Well, I heard that a PSP can hold music. So, I've decided to get one instead of an iPod. The problem is, I see the memory sticks are only 32 MB, meaning it could only hold 9-10 songs. However, I heard somewhere that someone had 150 songs on it. So, can it hold music without a memory stick or are there bigger memory sticks? I've got 260+ songs, roughly 81/2 hours of music, about 800 MB. Can a PSP hold that much?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
There's a 512 MB card, and I think they even have a 1 GB memory card, obviously at a much higher price. I would wait until there's a price drop, although I've heard no rumors of one in the works. =/

The PSP Giga Pack is $300 (comes with the 1 GB card), whereas a 1 GB iPod nano is $150, and a 4 GB one is $250. Then again, the PSP can play UMD movies and games (luckily there are some games coming out that aren't just dumbed-down PS2 ports like the last year has been) and emulate (well, if you get a used one with earlier firmware).

So I guess it's all about how deep your pockets are.

Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006 20:25:12 GMT by Ess Ohh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'll probably con my parents into getting me a giga pack or buying a seperate 1 GB stick. Though that'd be strictly for music, so I'd need another memory stick(like a 32 or something) for games.

Thanks for the advice. :)

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
The memory sticks are getting cheaper (even though they are still expensive) if you still need one. The other day I saw a 2 GB stick for $70.

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Buy the 1 gig memory stick and you will be happy. You will be able to hold a lot of music on it and also other things like videos.

newBookmarkLockedFalling