Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14644&type=wmv&pl=game

NOW WITH IN-GAME FOOTAGE

=O =O =O

Pretty damn awesome. Except for how they changed Fox. He looks weird. I also wanted to see more characters, but this will do.

Oh yeah, if you hear people in the background it's because I don't think a direct trailer was released yet. Everyone had to catch it through recording it at some Nintendo event in Japan.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So...are those the only characters? That doesn't really make sense, but the way they showed them at the bottom, it leaves me with the impression that those are the only ones.

Either way, it looks good. Can't say I like Snake being in it, though. He seems to "real" for this sort of cartoon-ish universe.

I'm also dissappointed that, during the preview, I heard no one shout "DOO DATS SWEET!". :(

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
lucifer said:
So...are those the only characters?  That doesn't really make sense, but the way they showed them at the bottom, it leaves me with the impression that those are the only ones.

Either way, it looks good.  Can't say I like Snake being in it, though.  He seems to "real" for this sort of cartoon-ish universe.

I'm also dissappointed that, during the preview, I heard no one shout "DOO DATS SWEET!". :(

WTF, of course those aren't the only characters. That would be dumb and I would complain a lot. Melee had 25 characters, and they're planning on having more (not double like the change from SSB to SSBM was, but hopefully close to that), although some characters are gonna be cut, which kinda sucks.

I think that having Snake is awesome, but I can see where you're coming from. They better have Sonic, too, if they're accepting third party characters.

I also thought people would be screaming and stuff, but this is Japan. I guess they don't roll like that. I remember the first time Twilight Princess was shown at some U.S. event, people flipped out. It was hilarious.

Last Edit: Nov 5, 2006 4:39:22 GMT by Ess Ohh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
lucifer said:
So...are those the only characters?  That doesn't really make sense, but the way they showed them at the bottom, it leaves me with the impression that those are the only ones.

Either way, it looks good.  Can't say I like Snake being in it, though.  He seems to "real" for this sort of cartoon-ish universe.

WTF, of course those aren't the only characters. That would be dumb and I would complain a lot. Melee had 25 characters, and they're planning on having more (not double like the change from SSB to SSBM was, but hopefully close to that), although some charactes are gonna be cut, which kinda sucks.

Yeah, I figured so, but at the end they just displayed those few at the bottom, I thought it was sort of odd that they didn't include everyone for that brief moment.

Do you know who's being cut?

I think that having Snake is awesome, but I can see where you're coming from. They better have Sonic, too, if they're accepting third party characters.

No doubt, he'll be an awesome character. I was somewhat skeptical until he pulled out that rocket launcher. But I still think he's too real.

And yes, Sonic (and hopefully Knuckles) should also be added.

I also thought people would be screaming and stuff, but this is Japan. I guess they don't roll like that. I remember the first time Twilight Princess was shown at some U.S. event, people flipped out. It was hilarious.

I figured Japanese people were the type to scream, though. I mean, come on, in 74% of the Japanese import movies, all you hear is "OMG IZ GORZIWA!"

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I hope they add more trademark stuff for Snake, and that the stinger missile launcher (that's what it was I think) is just the beginning.

And I don't think they've said anything directly about who's getting cut, but said that odds are people like Young Link and Mr. Game & Watch won't return.

Last Edit: Nov 5, 2006 4:42:48 GMT by Ess Ohh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
shadowyone said:
I hope they add more trademark stuff for Snake, and that the stinger missile launcher (that's what it was I think) is just the beginning.

And I don't think they've said anything directly about who's getting cut, but said that odds are people like Young Link and Mr. Game & Watch won't return.

Ah, okay. That doesn't bother me much. Mewtwo, Marth, and Nes, on the other hand, would.

And now that I think of it, I believe the mountain climber kids (I forget their names) are also getting the axe.

unleashedmadness
I heard that Snake wouldn't be using weapons like rocket launchers and stuffs and then in that trailer he does. Oh well, doesn't look like my kinda character anyway.
I hope they bring Roy back. He was awesome. Extra characters I think would be cool are Skull Kid (Zelda: Majora's Mask), Space Pirate (Metroid) and quite a few third party characters would be cool. Especially those from the FF games, even though I doubt they'll be in it. :-/

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
As long as Marth isn't cut, I'm perfectly fine. I get the feeling that the character I'm going to frequently use is Meta Knight, since he's been my favorite character from Nintendo since a long time. :)

Anyone know a blog type of place where they would update on when SSBB is going to be released?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
aznx said:
As long as Marth isn't cut, I'm perfectly fine. I get the feeling that the character I'm going to frequently use is Meta Knight, since he's been my favorite character from Nintendo since a long time. :)

Anyone know a blog type of place where they would update on when SSBB is going to be released?

Meta knight look awesome, but I've never heard of him before the trailer :P

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
this is a pretty awesome trailer. i hate how they did fox though. i hate the Star Fox: Command look. it looks stupid.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Never noticed this til now. :P

I hope they don't cut too many characters... I know it'd be hard to design the models for all of them, but is it 100% necessary to cut them? =/

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
Never noticed this til now. :P

I hope they don't cut too many characters... I know it'd be hard to design the models for all of them, but is it 100% necessary to cut them? =/

HOW DID YOU JUST NOTICE THIS ?? ? ? ??? ??

I was hoping maybe they could just give the clones new movesets and keep them. Hopefully G&W and YL is where it ends for cuts, but this is info I'm going off of from like E3. We barely know anything else.

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
Nintendo is keeping this game quite secret for the time being.

newBookmarkLockedFalling